Flint and Magnesium Fire Starter
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Flint and Magnesium Fire Starter within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; I got this from my Dad a few years ago. It's a flint and magnesium fire starter. This little guy can work even when wet. ...

I got this from my Dad a few years ago. It's a flint and magnesium fire starter. This little guy can work even when wet. At night it can work as an emergency signal. Another great item for the bug out bag Check it out at http://www.Montanaantlercraft.com
    [attachment=0:uvmhta79]Montana Antler Fire Starter (640x480).jpg[/attachment:uvmhta79]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flint and Magnesium Fire Starter-montana-antler-fire-starter-640x480-.jpg  

"Stay Fit, Be Brave, Always Prepare"

Re: Flint and Magnesium Fire Starter

That is the first time I have ever seen a magnesium fire starter like that. It has the COOL facto built in.

I have one, but its made in china and came from china-mart. I dulled the hell out of my knife when I first got it because I used the sharp side to get the mag off the bar instead of using something else to shave it. lesson learned though.

Yeah that's why I think everybody should have a fixed blade knife that isn't sharpened on both sides, that way you can use the back edge to shave off the magnesium and spark. Or just tie a mag stick to a piece of steel with paracord.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I've never seen one of these before! I love the bone look to it. Reminds me of a caveman fire starter! nice!

Sponsored Links