Let's have some fun and talk flashlights - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Let's have some fun and talk flashlights

This is a discussion on Let's have some fun and talk flashlights within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; Originally Posted by Elvis The downside of using 18650's is that unlike AAs they are almost impossible to get some in an emergency. That's why ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Let's have some fun and talk flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    The downside of using 18650's is that unlike AAs they are almost impossible to get some in an emergency. That's why every GHB has a USB 15 watt solar panel recharger for the cellphone and 18650s. The same solar charger can charge a GMS or 2 meter radio or power a GPS unit (Garmin) if a map to get home is ever needed.
    18650's Are everywhere. They can be pulled from all kinds of electronics, i.e. laptops, power tools, etc. Also, the only positive thing about vaping is that vape shops carry 18650's locally, and high amp ones at that (although low amp would be fine for this purpose since you'd use lower modes most often).

My favorite EDC is the Zebralight SC62w I recently lost.

I no longer have any Fenix because I hate cool white, but they are among the best quality for the price. They are fairly inexpensive.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    My favorite EDC is the Zebralight SC62w I recently lost.

I no longer have any Fenix because I hate cool white, but they are among the best quality for the price. They are fairly inexpensive.
    Saw this on the Zebralight website. Apparently the one you like does have cool white.

Main Features and Specifications
    LED: Cree XM-L2 Cool White (Nominal CCT 6300K)
    User Selectable Levels: 3 main levels (High, Medium and Low)
    SC62 18650 Flashlight Cool White
    MikeTango likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My favorite flashlight is the Neebo.
    I carry one in my pocket when I'm working.
    120 lumens, and they charge in your vehicle's cig lighter.
    Very cool little flashlight.

They sell them at Batteries Plus, or online:
    https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...BoCrjgQAvD_BwE
    Robie likes this.

Yup...got one of those also. Great little light.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Yup...got one of those also. Great little light.
    Yep, I hardly buy batteries anymore. I've had several of them. Very bright little lights, fit in a pocket, charge easily (red light means charging, green means it's charged).
    My only complaint is that because they are supposed to be a 120 lumen output, they do not step down in intensity like most digital flashlights.
    When the battery can no longer support 120 lumens, they just shut off. Doesn't happen often, but every now & again I get a surprise in the middle of a job and have to go plug the thing in for a while.
    Fortunately I always carry a headlamp in my toolbag.

My other fav was the original COAST flashlights. Not so crazy about their newer lights though.
    The original with the hole in the lens was awesome. I once left one in a job for 6 days. When I came back, it was still showing a little bit of light.
    The digital circuit had been stepping down as the batteries dwindled. It wasn't much light, but if you were in a cave, you'd be damned happy for the light.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links