Review: RZ mask M2 dust mask
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Review: RZ mask M2 dust mask within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; I ran across the RZmask dust masks a couple years ago at Rockler woodworking. I'm in construction so dust masks are part of my PPE ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Lunatic Wrench
  • 1 Post By mobius999
  • 1 Post By Lunatic Wrench

Thread: Review: RZ mask M2 dust mask

I ran across the RZmask dust masks a couple years ago at Rockler woodworking.
    I'm in construction so dust masks are part of my PPE (personal protective equipment)
    I bought one and after a few weeks of use I went to my boss with it and suggested we get them for the rest of the crew. He liked the specs and asked me to get enough for the rest of the field employes.
    These are comfortable (for a dust mask) and easy to put on, and aren't too bad to wear in hot weather.
    They are a 2 stage system with a pre filter (the mesh mask body) and a replaceable .1 micron or 1. micron high flow or .1 micron high flow w/ active carbon and a scentless active charcoal filter (for hunting, absorbs the odor of your breath) and replaceable 1 way valves, adjustable nose piece.
    The mask body is washable and they are durable, not 1 of 14 has been replaced yet due to wear and tare, just the filters.
    I've had mine for 2 years now and I love it and the others really like them as well.
    Fogging up of your glasses, safety glasses, shooting glasses, tactical assault glasses is not a problem and if it happens it's because the mask isn't sitting on your face correctly.

Mine came with 2 spare filters and a handy storage bag with an air valve tool used to replace both the secondary filter and valve. They fold flat and are easy to store, can be stuffed in your pocket and won't get screwed up like a paper mask would jammed in your BOB or GHB.
    They have 3 lines, the M1 (Neoprene, good for cold weather) $30, M2 (mesh, which I have, warm weather) $35 and the M2.5 (mesh, warm weather) $35
    They come in a wide array of colors from solid color, wilderness camo and playful.
    These out perform any other dust mask I've ever used and bury a paper mask by leaps and bounds, only thing better is a respirator.

I carry one in my truck but plan to get a couple more for the BOB

https://rzmask.com/

They can also be found at Amazon
    Rockler woodworking
    Home Depot
    to name a few.

I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

I've been looking for something to wear while riding ATVs. I will check this out for sure. Thanks!
    1 Peter 2:24 KJV
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Thanks. I've seen those offered for sale before and wasn't too sure about their quality.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - James Mattis Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yup, know them well. I wore one daily every time I rode my motorcycle. I have bad sinus issues, but I never had a problem wearing an RZ.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Was looking for something like this. Thanks!!
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
    Thanks. I've seen those offered for sale before and wasn't too sure about their quality.

Only buy RZ. There are a million ripoffs on Amazon and Ebay. RZ is the company that invented these back in 2010. I'm assuming the patent expired, or the copies are coming from China who doesn't respect patents anyways, but I've tried several copies to save a dime and they are terrible. Those from RZ are really high quality.

One tip I'll toss out there is make sure you don't have it on too tight. I was wearing mine wrong (too tight) and the airflow felt restrictive, like I could hardly breath. Turns out I needed the extension band (comes with the mask). Once there was a little more room between the mask and the front of my face airflow increased tenfold. My instinct with protective gear is "tight tight tight for a tight seal!" but you really don't need this super tight to do the job.
    Lunatic Wrench likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mobius999 View Post
    Only buy RZ. There are a million ripoffs on Amazon and Ebay. RZ is the company that invented these back in 2010. I'm assuming the patent expired, or the copies are coming from China who doesn't respect patents anyways, but I've tried several copies to save a dime and they are terrible. Those from RZ are really high quality.

One tip I'll toss out there is make sure you don't have it on too tight. I was wearing mine wrong (too tight) and the airflow felt restrictive, like I could hardly breath. Turns out I needed the extension band (comes with the mask). Once there was a little more room between the mask and the front of my face airflow increased tenfold. My instinct with protective gear is "tight tight tight for a tight seal!" but you really don't need this super tight to do the job.

Yes, you don't need a tight seal like a respirator.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

I have about 1000 N95 masks I bought off Amazon years ago. Got to admit these look nice, if I ever run out I might look into them

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I have about 1000 N95 masks I bought off Amazon years ago. Got to admit these look nice, if I ever run out I might look into them
    I've used so many of those masks that I should be getting dividend checks.
    The short side of those type masks is you tend to get leakage around the nose. Many of then now come with a soft metal band around the nose so you can fit it better, but they tend to still leak.

Not trying to sound like a dust mask snob.

I remodel a lot of 100+yo houses with 100+ years of 100+ yo dust. They often test positive for lead and or asbestos, I call in an abatement company for asbestos, but usually deal with the lead in house, I just remind the crews to wear N100 or N95 dust masks, no sanding of lead painted materials and don't eat the paint chips.
    jimb1972 likes this.

Sponsored Links