Olight i3S EOS AAA LED flashlight review
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Olight i3S EOS AAA LED flashlight review within the Survival Gear Reviews and Questions forums, part of the Survival Gear Reviews, Questions, Sell, Swap category; This is my first post outside of my introduction, so I'm just going to dive right on in with a product review I needed a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Lunatic Wrench

Thread: Olight i3S EOS AAA LED flashlight review

This is my first post outside of my introduction, so I'm just going to dive right on in with a product review

I needed a small flashlight for my job (construction field supervisor) that would fit in my Leatherman Wave holster. $20 seemed kind of steep at the time for a tiny light, but hey, it's only $20.
    This little light uses 1 AAA battery, has a Cree XP-G2 LED, is IPX8 waterproof and has a glass lens, also comes with a key chain attachment, 5 year warranty, tested to ANSI/NEMA standards, made in China, what isn't these days.
    Weight .93oz./ length 2.7"/ dia. .55" Light output is 85lm max, it has 4 settings, low 10lm/ medium 50lm/ high 85lm/ strobe. Battery life, 85lm about 30 mins/ 50lm about 8 hrs/ 10lm about 60hrs/ Strobe? To me 10lm seemed almost silly, but in a dark room trying to be stealthy or not wake up the wife while trying to find something in the nightstand drawer at 6AM, it's perfect. Off/on is a twist of the body which also cycles you thru the settings (off/on, off/on) your not cycling thru each setting like most smaller LED flashlights where you just go from one setting to the next, when you twist the body to turn it off, it goes off regardless of what setting your on, this was a big factor for me. It always comes on at 50lm, which I use this 90% of the time and is bright enough for general use, the strobe feature requires 3 quick off/on twists of the body to turn on, you have to be diligent to get this setting.

I've now been carrying this light pretty much everyday for over 4 years, I've dropped it countless times and it's even taken a few 30-40' falls bouncing it's way done scaffolding.
    I generally only use this light for sort duration's 30 seconds to 10mins. at a time and I go thru about 1 battery a year, any longer and I grab my Warsun T6 800lm 18650 flashlight (direct from China via AliExpress)
    I'm hard on tools and the like, not that I abuse stuff, but I use it. The $20 was not to much, worth every penny. This little light gets 5 gold star's in my book and I will be adding a couple/few to my BOB and GHB, which I am just starting to put together.

Olight i3S EOS AAA LED flashlight review-olight.jpgOlight i3S EOS AAA LED flashlight review-olight1.jpg

My EDC, I have a cross box on my truck full of tools and I carry clothes for all weather conditions in the cab, I'm in construction.

Olight i3S EOS AAA LED flashlight review-20171218_205148.jpg

Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not bad for a pocket flashlight. I usually have ThruniteT30S ( 800 Lumans ) in all the trucks but they are not really suitable for carry. May have to order one of these and give it a look see.

Thanks
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, it's certainly passed the test of time. Looks like a good one, but I like a tailcap switch for one-handed operation.

Prepped One, it certainly doesn't compare to my 18650 lights, but for a tiny light it works well. It's small enough to hold in my teeth comfortably when I need more light on something I'm working on.

sideKahr, I like the tail cap switched lights as well, but it's easy to operate one handed.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Sponsored Links