E.R. Bar review and taste test.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on E.R. Bar review and taste test. within the Survival Food Procurement forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Ordered 10 of the E.R. bars ordered from "quake care",recommended my Montana Rancher, was shipped quickly, have no complaints. I think it was 69 dollars ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: E.R. Bar review and taste test.

Ordered 10 of the E.R. bars ordered from "quake care",recommended my Montana Rancher, was shipped quickly, have no complaints. I think it was 69 dollars total, with regular shipping.
    Very surprised about the weight, the packages are actually two pounds each. I didn't measure them, but i would guess it about a 8 inch square, about 1.25 inches thick. each package contains one large "cake", scored into 9 servings, with 410 calories per serving, so each package is 3600 calories, chock full of vitamins..I dug into one Sunday Night, and was happily surprised. To me, it tastes close to a "biscochito", and thats probably spelled wrong, without a lot of sugar.
    It is dense, but not as dry as I thought it would be, and has a good balance of sweetness, I could deffinately handle eating them, as far as "how long you feel full for" or " if you get super thirsty" or if its like some food, where "you feel hungry thirty minutes later", I dont know yet, was late at night, And I was enjoying an ADULT beverage, so this was just a quick tastetest for "inquiring minds"..
    Maybe Tuesday, I will skip food and try the bar only...DEEBO
    Denton likes this.

I'm taking my BOB on a 3 day backpacking trip on the 27th this month, very hot and dry here and so I will be testing them to the max.

I am planning on fishing high country lakes and most likely will catch some western slope cutthroat, but that just adds to the realism.

I will only be taking ER bars for food, and anything I can forage. As it is a backpacking trip with 8 miles per day average it will be a good test run for my BOB and my rations.
    bigdogbuc, Denton and bigwheel like this.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

Banned

M.R. - Let us know how that goes. I would be really interested to see how they do with the calorie output you're facing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbuc View Post
    M.R. - Let us know how that goes. I would be really interested to see how they do with the calorie output you're facing.
    I plan on doing some testing on my body weight before and after although I do a lot of monitoring of my body weight and my weight varies 2% on weather I am hydrated or dehydrated.

3 days isn't enough to really give a good review.

I am considering a fall 100 mile drop off and moving as I expect in a SHTF scenario using the bars, it will take 5+ days and be more realistic. I plan on moving only at night and only on public land which will add a day to the trip but also lend realism.

It will be fun to take some video's of the trip and make a post on them. I am thinking of doing the trip in late October to both simulate some cold weather travel and give me the choice of harvesting a deer on the trip and doing some on the fly preservation.

I shoot elk every year so my deer tag often goes unfilled since a 400# elk is enough meat for me and mine for a year.
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

I would be glad to film it for you..And no reason to leave a deer tag unfilled, I have the "meat transfer form" right here..
    Today, I am only consuming the E.R. bar, been up since noon, had a serving for breakfast, and will have another for dinner.
    And, with the help of a coworker, found a good description of the bar, teething bars, like you give a baby, very similar to the texture. Will update tommorrow. So far, OK.

Honest review, the bars are good, but Im a protein whore, I broke at about 9 pm and had a hormel dinner.
    Granted, my surgery has made me "different", If I dont eat all day, I "loose" the feeling of hungry, but if I eat early, like I did on Tuesday, It kinda "leads to more hunger", kinda wierd...
    The bars do taste good, and have found their way into my kit.

E.R bars are good enough to do the job for me too! I have 3 of the 3600 cal. bricks in my bob. I ordered many cases just in case my neighbors come knocking one day and I also like to give them out to folks for conversation starters when they come over to the house. I also have them buried in many locations just in case im on foot headed to one of my locations. My only beef with them is that they do not flex in your bug out bag making it similar to carrying bricks around, I need to get another molly attachment to put them in.

Bumped to the TOP baby
    Denton likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Bumped to the TOP baby
    Thanks! I didn't see it the first time.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

@Denton , it was SO long ago. I still have those bars, untouched.
    Denton likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links