Water storage container question... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Water storage container question...

This is a discussion on Water storage container question... within the Survival Food Procurement forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Scepter is who makes the USGI MFC/MWC. I have both the military and the civilian versions. The military ones are a bit more heavy duty ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Scepter is who makes the USGI MFC/MWC. I have both the military and the civilian versions. The military ones are a bit more heavy duty but the civilian ones are very good.

Interesting idea. I don't use very much wine to invest in boxed stuff, but the idea is transferable.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Interesting idea. I don't use very much wine to invest in boxed stuff, but the idea is transferable.
    I use it for cooking (one of my hobbies) as I sure never acquired a taste for wine. But have bought about 15 boxed wines over the last 10 years and discovered it with the first one. They also are great to use as ice packs if you put them in a freezer for awhile. Also very light empty to transport and fold-able in most cases.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by millerfish View Post
    Scepter is who makes the USGI MFC/MWC. I have both the military and the civilian versions. The military ones are a bit more heavy duty but the civilian ones are very good.
    Alright. That's what I was hoping to hear. Would like to get the GI ones still. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't storing my water in junk that was going to leak.

Water is life we need it 24 hrs a day forever

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    I really like the USGI tan water cans but couldn't find them.

I bought some cheap water storage containers that broke after a few months.

This type was junk. Reliance Desert Patrol

How are these for long term water storage? They seem to be much sturdier, yet not as good as the USGI jerry can type. Moeller brand made by Scepter.

Thanks!
    DrillCat.com the waterwell preppers store check it out u need a waterwell bottle water will go FAST then you die.

I use these Blitz 6.5 gallon water cans. They work great. Easy to transport, man portable, tuck into vehicles easily, can be stored empty until put into service, and useful if you go mobile.

I recommend you buy them, honestly. They are not the only source of water you should have for certain, but if you have to haul buggy, they do come in handy. And they're very affordable.

Being a child of my father (what ever my mom meant by that escapes me) I have been collecting useful things for years. I really like 5 gallon pails for storage of food and water. They nest inside each other and take up little space (6 nested takes up the space of 2 stacked), and they stack well. I also love love the RubberMaid type of nesting storage tubs. If it's not in a 5 gallon pail, it's in a RubberMaid. Again the nest empty, and with the lids, stack well. Once empty, you can catch or store water, use as a wash basin, and with a plunger it becomes a clothes washing basin. I find most of my 5 gallon pails at a bakery (they buy frosting in them). The go from 3-1/2 to 5 gallon in size. They 5 gallon ones seem to be getting more scarce over the last year, tho. My bakery charges $0.50 each with the lid, but be careful, the first one I bought, they just gave a bunch of lids and some didn't fit.

joec--you don't shop Lexington Containers for water drums?
    I have (20) 30 gallon drums from there. I drove from Logan County twice to get them.
    Wish I had 20 more but now our little truck(sold big truck) will not carry them and can't see the gas expense with more than 2 trips.

$100 for (10) 30 gallon drums is an awesome price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links