Potato crops damaged
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Potato crops damaged

This is a discussion on Potato crops damaged within the Survival Food Procurement forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; "Potato crop damage due to cold and wet weather is causing a shortage of the starchy tuber in North America, which may affect the availability ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mad Trapper

Thread: Potato crops damaged

Potato crops damaged

"Potato crop damage due to cold and wet weather is causing a shortage of the starchy tuber in North America, which may affect the availability and price of french fries."
    Likely not there are a lot of potato grown. But It would not effect those od us that are prepared we have some in the root cellar and can grow more.

"According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the nation’s output of potatoes will drop 6.1 percent compared to the previous year. Idaho’s output is forecast to drop by 5.5 percent, Business Insider reports."

McDonalds if you run short I have your back, but it is going to cost you.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/f...amaged-weather
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I didn't have a great year on taters.

But I'll have enough in the root cellar, several varieties , of whites and reds, for next springs planting.

Local commercial growers had 50lb bags for ~$20, less for quantity.
    Smitty901, Deebo and Joe like this.

Joe

Our taters did ok we have been canning them. The kinnebecs store well until we get around to canning them. I am not a french fry guy but I love fried potatoes and eggs for a meal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Never met a tate I didnt like. Soft fried with plenty of ketchup is my favorite. Also love em baked and covered up in cow butter grated cheese...ranch dressing and half a can of chopped green chiles. Wowser..lol. Mashed with butter is for every day.

Homefries, baked, mashed, and boiled.

Homefries parboiled then fried up with onions and and garlic. Season with black pepper and cajun spices. If I'm cooking up smoked bacon, sometimes I'll use that for grease.

Mashed not too often usually with a turkey or roast, with gravy made from pan drippings.

Baked straight up with butter and/or sour cream.

Boiled is usually with carrots and onions, and cabbage or broccoli added when the firsts are 1/2 cooked. The cabbage if I'm having corned beef or kielbasa. The broccoli for a balanced mix of vegetable with a steak. I like these as it's all one pot and easy clean up.

Sponsored Links