CBD oil?

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CBD oil?

This is a discussion on CBD oil? within the Survival Food Procurement forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; As many of you know, I have anxiety issues. The clinic I use did not have a psychiatrist in over two year. The original one ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: CBD oil?

CBD oil?

As many of you know, I have anxiety issues. The clinic I use did not have a psychiatrist in over two year. The original one died and they trouble finding a replacement. It turns out I was on the wrong drug.

When I first met the new replacement, they give you an hour to discuss your issues and aims. She immediately switched me to Buspar, but some of my friends are on "Full Spectrum CBD." One of my forum friends said she tried the oil once, and almost gagged on the taste. She went back to capsules.

When I asked the psychiatrist about it, she seemed to be looking for a way to sound neutral when I knew she had an opinion. All would say is that, "It's worked for some."

The meds we take are made from chemicals. CBD products are made from plants. That would seem to be the better choice, but I don't know much about it. We have a health food store about a mile from my home, but they're not going to bad-rap the stuff they sell.

Anyone have some insight?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I am interested in this myself, I hope someone with some knowledge on the subject chimes in.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Super Moderator

It's the "cool new thing" I know that much. Not sure of its effectiveness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    rice paddy daddy and jimb1972 like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I didn't know that they were mixing in illegal drugs into some of that stuff >>> I was watching a live cop stop and some kid had a bottle of the stuff - the cops did a drug test - came out OK for the kid but he didn't even know for sure ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Super Moderator

My mother swears by it when it comes to alleviating inflammation. Work Wifey's husband says it helps him focus.
    hawgrider likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Our Wisconsin law states that CBD oil cannot contain more than 3% THC. That's not the part that even concerns me.

It's like Denton says, it helped that husband focus. Let me tell you about anxiety and panic attacks. A few months ago I had a full-blown panic attack (for no solid reason) and my wife was visiting her mother. I talked to our Dean Clinic "Nurse On Call."

A very compassionate woman, but one of the alternatives (turning yourself in to St. Mary's Hospital) was not available to me since our dog had to be cared for.

And I'm a bit jealous. The bulk of my problems have been in the last three years. Now if you stand in court and the judge doesn't think you are competent enough to be of aid to your counsel, they give you four days in a hospital. I have stated to my medical doctor that if his patients were allowed the same rights (just express your concerns and check in a hospital like any other suffering patient) my anxiety would have been under control years ago.

BTW, as for panic attacks, it is frightening experience. On paper it is 5 minutes of extreme adrenaline or cortisol, backed by 20 minutes of easing back to normal. Trust me, I've had after effects that lasted for days.
    Denton, Mule13 and Deebo like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    The CBD oil here in Mi. has no THC.. none

Some folks I know says it helps them with anxiety and some say it help with arthritic pain and other issues. Pricey? yes!
    Denton and jimb1972 like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Every case, every person is different. How many people with diabetes or high blood pressure go through multiple drugs to fin the right one? A lot. I would say it’s the same for the natural stuff. See what works and what doesn’t in various concentrations. I would think natural stuff would be less likely to have undesirable side effects but that probably varries too. For instance unknown allergies, digestive ailments and so on.
    Last edited by Camel923; 01-07-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Denton, The Tourist and hawgrider like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I am subject to random drug tests for continued employment, so any THC content concerns me.
    Denton, hawgrider and bigwheel like this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

CBD oil does not likely do everything that some sellers say it will however it clearly works for a lot of things . It is not illegal recent changes by the Federal Goverment on how "Industrial Hemp" is classified/ regulated occured just a couple weeks ago.

I would try It , if it seems to work/ help great. The unfounded claims should stop within a year or two once the markets settle down and it becomes more main stream . Folks selling and making unfounded health claims will be forced to stop making claims or post research.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links