CBD oil? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CBD oil?

This is a discussion on CBD oil? within the Survival Food Procurement forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; I have not had a good night's sleep in 50 years. My subconscious was reprogrammed to stay alert at night, because that is when the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: CBD oil?

The Good Cop

I have not had a good night's sleep in 50 years. My subconscious was reprogrammed to stay alert at night, because that is when the enemy came. There is nothing I can do about it.
    I refuse to take any prescription drugs, the VA is real good at trying to keep vets medicated into submission.

I find that OTC melatonin works just fine. Melatonin is produced by the body when when it's time for the brain to sleep, a 3mg or 5mg tablet just helps things out.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel477 View Post
    I personally use CBD oil for my pain issues. It definitely seems to take the edge off the pain, more so than the painkillers sometimes. No other effects as far as I can tell, I've never had a "high" like the herbal version which I used to smoke frequently. Also helps with my insomnia, but not as much as the pills I've been prescribed. But still sleep pills have side effects
    Hear you on that. I had some good sleeping pills for 15 years or so..then they started trying to make me take a wee wee test before they hand em out so I left it a huff. Was the best thing that ever happened. I can remember my dreams sometimes now..lol.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    As many of you know, I have anxiety issues. The clinic I use did not have a psychiatrist in over two year. The original one died and they trouble finding a replacement. It turns out I was on the wrong drug.

When I first met the new replacement, they give you an hour to discuss your issues and aims. She immediately switched me to Buspar, but some of my friends are on "Full Spectrum CBD." One of my forum friends said she tried the oil once, and almost gagged on the taste. She went back to capsules.

When I asked the psychiatrist about it, she seemed to be looking for a way to sound neutral when I knew she had an opinion. All would say is that, "It's worked for some."

The meds we take are made from chemicals. CBD products are made from plants. That would seem to be the better choice, but I don't know much about it. We have a health food store about a mile from my home, but they're not going to bad-rap the stuff they sell.

Anyone have some insight?
    my mother in law has Alzheimer's,she is now in the later stages. She had completely stopped communicating a few years ago. The family decided to try CBC oil, within two weeks of starting,she was trying to get back into the conversation. After a month she was injecting rational, coherent comments and opinions. The difference was night and day. Unfortunately in her situation the results were short lived... About two and a half years,but what a difference. I also take it to help with different ailments. While not as dramatic as my mother in law,it does help.
    Slippy, hawgrider, Denton and 1 others like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Better off just smoking the real stuff , get stoned you won't care if you are better or not . But you will swear you are. Likely you will forget what was hurting by then anyway. Stoners at least should be honest. I have met a few.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Better off just smoking the real stuff , get stoned you won't care if you are better or not . But you will swear you are. Likely you will forget what was hurting by then anyway. Stoners at least should be honest. I have met a few.
    Yeah, we get it. You think CBD is reduced hippie-dippie stuff. You seem to know more than the doctor who recommended it to my 86-year-old mother who is so conservative she makes you look like a liberal. It helps her and a lot of other people. Does that bother you?
    My mother has never even drank a beer. Won’t even take NyQuill because it has alcohol. Are you suggesting a dope-smoker is more honest than she is?
    Have you ever taken a prescription pain-killer? If so, why not be honest and shoot heroin? That comparison isn’t a good one as CBD doesn’t get you high but it’s the first thing that crossed my mind.

I don’t mean to sound vexed but your post sounded like an insult to all the people I know who are able to manage without prescription pain pills due to CBD.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

If for some reason Mrs S were to leave me and head up to Heaven to help lobby for my acceptance (Not from God, He knows me and Jesus have it worked out, but from any of the naysayers in Heaven that I may have offended...but I digress.)

Anyway, should circumstances be that I am left alone, splitting time between Slippy Lodge and whatever Mountain Lake Cabin I finally get, I may be smoking some dope, reading the Bible and sippin' some Bourbon as I contemplate the evil politicians that I hope will self combust into ashes...
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    If for some reason Mrs S were to leave me and head up to Heaven to help lobby for my acceptance (Not from God, He knows me and Jesus have it worked out, but from any of the naysayers in Heaven that I may have offended...but I digress.)

Anyway, should circumstances be that I am left alone, splitting time between Slippy Lodge and whatever Mountain Lake Cabin I finally get, I may be smoking some dope, reading the Bible and sippin' some Bourbon as I contemplate the evil politicians that I hope will self combust into ashes...
    Well...if you ever do... either grow your own, or drive to the nearest legal retail place to buy it (and smuggle it back home). I smoked my fair share back in the 70's, but stopped cold after having some with a 'friend' that was laced with God knows what. It's legal here, Tom grows & imbibes from time to time, me? Nah, out grew it, been there done that LOL

Regarding cbd products.. I've tried some of the cremes for achy shoulders, helped a little but that might have been just the 'rubbing it in' so, I've nothing to contribute regarding it's effectiveness. That said - I don't think it should be discounted; everyone's physiology is a little different, it might help for some and not others...just like OTC pain products. Tom swears by melatonin - and it makes me nauseous. Go figure.
    Slippy, paulag1955, Denton and 1 others like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Just found out today that my dad uses the cbd cream for his arthritis with great results
    Denton likes this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

I personally use top ranked CBD oil for my pain issues. It definitely seems to take the edge off the pain, more so than the painkillers sometimes. No other effects as far as I can tell, I've never had a "high" like the herbal version which I used to smoke frequently. Also helps with my insomnia, but not as much as the pills I've been prescribed. But still sleep pills have side effects
    Denton likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links