CBD oil? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CBD oil?

This is a discussion on CBD oil? within the Survival Food Procurement forums, part of the Off-Grid Lifestyle category; Originally Posted by jimb1972 I am subject to random drug tests for continued employment, so any THC content concerns me. Got selected for a random ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: CBD oil?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I am subject to random drug tests for continued employment, so any THC content concerns me.
    Got selected for a random test a few weeks ago. I asked the nurse about CBD oil and she said it would show up.
    jimb1972 and rice paddy daddy like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

#1 you can buy CBD oil that has zero THC in it. The less than .3% of THC in the full spectrum stuff does nothing as far as physical effects but may calm down anxiety problems better?

#2 I just fired my VA doc and asked for another after I was removed from Ibuprofen for pain! Lot's of pain due to back injuries and other joint injuries. I don't walk hardly without it. Her reason was I have a fatty liver and I cant take anything for pain I experience.The VA pretty much quit giving out anything for pain anyway...I never wanted the narcotics and have flushed hundreds of em down the drain. But to tell you to stop Ibuprofen if you actually need it? Screw Her! I was skeptical but I tried CBD Oil....Full spectrum and extra strength and it rocks! I'm taking about a dozen drops in the morning and a dozen in the evening of 3000MG cbd oil. Thats a third of the max dose you can take.

3. Buyer beware of CBD oil! Lots of it is fake on the internet...Amazon and Ebay. It's easy for me to find the real stuff however because we have local companies growing it here around the Lexington Area!

Bluegrass Hemp Oil is the only place I buy from. Their larger bottles are much cheaper than you find elsewhere....I've been to their farms and stood in their crops on visitors day...Real as you can get! I don't know the people personally and don't have a stake in the company but they are good people that discovered Hemp Oil to stop their son's seizures and made a great company out of what they learned.

https://bluegrass-hemp-oil.myshopify.com/

Well as my Mama often said..the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I have heard enough testmonials about the stuff to make me think it might just work by golly. Go try some and let us know for sure. Thanks. Best of fortunes and prayers said for your health issues. My wife knows a lady who uses the stuff for tummy troubles due to having MS...she says the ones with low percentage HC works best for that. She buys it online which is not as expensive as in the health shoppes. It comes from Colarado.
    Colorado Cures Online | CBD Hemp Cannabis Oil Store - Colorado Cures CBD of Oklahoma City

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SGT E View Post
    #1 you can buy CBD oil that has zero THC in it. The less than .3% of THC in the full spectrum stuff does nothing as far as physical effects but may calm down anxiety problems better?

#2 I just fired my VA doc and asked for another after I was removed from Ibuprofen for pain! Lot's of pain due to back injuries and other joint injuries. I don't walk hardly without it. Her reason was I have a fatty liver and I cant take anything for pain I experience.The VA pretty much quit giving out anything for pain anyway...I never wanted the narcotics and have flushed hundreds of em down the drain. But to tell you to stop Ibuprofen if you actually need it? Screw Her! I was skeptical but I tried CBD Oil....Full spectrum and extra strength and it rocks! I'm taking about a dozen drops in the morning and a dozen in the evening of 3000MG cbd oil. Thats a third of the max dose you can take.

3. Buyer beware of CBD oil! Lots of it is fake on the internet...Amazon and Ebay. It's easy for me to find the real stuff however because we have local companies growing it here around the Lexington Area!

Bluegrass Hemp Oil is the only place I buy from. Their larger bottles are much cheaper than you find elsewhere....I've been to their farms and stood in their crops on visitors day...Real as you can get! I don't know the people personally and don't have a stake in the company but they are good people that discovered Hemp Oil to stop their son's seizures and made a great company out of what they learned.

https://bluegrass-hemp-oil.myshopify.com/
    I'm sorry to hear of your pain (many of us know what THAT'S like) but am glad you found something to mitigate it! Never tried it myself. There's some stuff sold here in Oregon called "Kraton", some kind of organic compound, which apparently many utilize for pain and even opiate withdrawal. The DEA was going to classify it as a schedule 1 drug, but apparently backed off on that for now due to public outcry.
    bigwheel and Denton like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    It is not illegal recent changes by the Federal Goverment on how "Industrial Hemp" is classified/ regulated occured just a couple weeks ago.
    Not true.
    As of this morning, the legality of CBD is in doubt, as per the FDA.
    https://www.northbaybusinessjournal....p-business-law

Article posted 10:21 AM, Jan 7, 2019
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I've got an appointment on Thursday with my new shrink. There are several specific things I'd like an open discussion about. This is one of them.

As you know, I'm on a "ramp up" for Buspar right now. I need a good medical opinion about using the two of these things at once.
    Annie likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

There are many sellers of CBD who have made the claim that there is "no THC" in the product. They are usually not being entirely truthful. This claim is made to avoid prosecution when shipping to states with restrictive laws. Hemp being legal doesn't mean that in some particular states that they can't prosecute someone for selling a product that is even as low as 1% THC. Industrial hemp has a very low amount of THC in it but it is still there. Most CBD does have a very low amount of THC present in the product. Importantly, CBD and THC have similar chemical profiles. CBD won't get you high in the way that THC will but it will very likely make you fail a drug test if you take it regularly depending on the test used because it has cannabinoid metabolytes that could potentially show up. Anyone who is tested for work should keep this in mind and not risk their employment by using it. I've heard of it helping people with a variety of issues, so if testing isn't an issue for you, I'd say go ahead and try it if you have a medical reason. It won't get you high, but I've heard people report a certain relaxation effect. From a prepping perspective, finding this stuff in SHTF would be very difficult due to the chemicals and lab equipment required to extract it. CBD goes bad in 6 months-2years. Lots of people have said that CBD or other cannabis products help with anxiety, and I'm not really qualified to give medical advice, but something to keep in mind is that if someone is addicted to a drug they tend to have anxiety when they don't have it. I know that THC has been associated with causing or exacerbating panic disorders in patients. Some states, like Kansas, have voted to specifically allow the sale of CBD, but that doesn't mean that employers won't still frown upon it. If you're interested in a good supplier I can reccommend Canbiola, which is one of the biggest publicly traded CBD companies. Weed has never been my thing but I met many during my time farming in Colorado who felt differently. Canbiola was actually started by an acquaintance of mine.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I've got an appointment on Thursday with my new shrink. There are several specific things I'd like an open discussion about. This is one of them.

As you know, I'm on a "ramp up" for Buspar right now. I need a good medical opinion about using the two of these things at once.
    You're in my prayers! You'll get through this by the grace of God, I'm sure. Hang in there.
    A Watchman likes this.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

Thanks, Annie. It's getting better already. Say an agape' prayer for me at 3:00PM tomorrow. It's when I see the shrink. And I'll pray for you.
    A Watchman and SGT E like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

CBD can be found both in a cream for rubbing on sore joints or arthritis and in a liquid form which can be vaped or using a dropper a drop can be put under your tongue.

Usually available is 250. 500. and 1000 concentrations some people find mild pain or anxiety relief with a drop under the tongue. The liquid form has an earthy woody taste, not to good tasting. They say start with a lower dose and if you don't get the desired result up the dose a notch. Some people find it relaxes them so they use a drop to help them get to sleep.
    Both I and my wife have tried a drop under the tongue a few times with no difference, me for joint pain, her for sleep.

But for her mildly arthritic hand and my bum knee the effect of the cream is about the same as Aspercream, Mild effect for about 2 hours but not worth the very high price.

CBD is legal in all 50 states.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links