WEAR A DANG MASK!!!!! When making Slippy's Famous Tobasco Pepper Sauce!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on WEAR A DANG MASK!!!!! When making Slippy's Famous Tobasco Pepper Sauce! within the Survival Cookbook forums, part of the Garden, Canning, Long Term Food Storage category; I ain't gonna lie, my eyes nose and throat are burning like a sumbtitch and this batch of Slippy's Famous Tobasco Sauce is hotter than ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: WEAR A DANG MASK!!!!! When making Slippy's Famous Tobasco Pepper Sauce!

I ain't gonna lie, my eyes nose and throat are burning like a sumbtitch and this batch of Slippy's Famous Tobasco Sauce is hotter than a rolex at a BLM rally on MLK screet!

3 of these jars of fermented Slippy grown Tobasco Peppers, Vinegar, Salt and a dash of Sugar

WEAR A DANG MASK!!!!!  When making Slippy's Famous Tobasco Pepper Sauce!-img_2242-002-.jpg

Made these small jars of sauce. Uneven pour due the fact that my eyes were watering and I was choking...

WEAR A DANG MASK!!!!!  When making Slippy's Famous Tobasco Pepper Sauce!-img_2263-002-.jpg

Should've worn a mask...
    inceptor, Denton, SOCOM42 and 10 others like this.

Probably it would have eaten through a mask.
    BamaDOC, Slippy, Denton and 3 others like this.

Looks amazing! You ever added some peach or mango to it? Best hot sauce I ever had was in New Orleans where they served a peach habanero sauce. I realty enjoyed the interplay between the hot & the sweet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Almost as fun as making horseradish!
    BamaDOC, Slippy, Inor and 2 others like this.

Make sure to wash your hands before going to the bathroom.
    BamaDOC, Slippy, Denton and 4 others like this.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Looks amazing! You ever added some peach or mango to it? Best hot sauce I ever had was in New Orleans where they served a peach habanero sauce. I realty enjoyed the interplay between the hot & the sweet.
    Advice to the youngsters, if you find yourself in New Orleans down around the Franch Qwata resist the temptation to interplay with the hot and the sweet. One may have an innie and one might have an outie... Puts the Bone in bone apetit...

But to Redneck's question; My best batch was a Bourbon Peach Habanero Jelly style pork rib glaze. We got a couple of bags of frozen habanero in the freezer and in a few weeks I may rustle up a batch.
    Inor, Redneck, Denton and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Make sure to wash your hands before going to the bathroom.
    True that...
    Piratesailor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Almost as fun as making horseradish!
    Or homemade mustard...

Slip: What is the secret? How do you make it? Our hot peppers grew in abundance this year and I am trying to find more uses for them. No shit, we got more than a full bushel from only 6 plants and I am out of ideas of what to do with them.
    Denton, Michael_Js and Slippy like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Or homemade mustard...

Slip: What is the secret? How do you make it? Our hot peppers grew in abundance this year and I am trying to find more uses for them. No shit, we got more than a full bushel from only 6 plants and I am out of ideas of what to do with them.
    No secret!
    I start harvesting the Tobasco's when they start to turn Orange and Red. Obviously some green ones get in but no big deal. I put them in large Jars with a Vinegar, Salt and Pinch of Sugar solution. Maybe even a dash of Apple Cider Vinegar. Let the peppers ferment in the fridge for a couple of months or so then cook them in a pot for about a 20 minute simmer.

Let them cool then blend the hell out of them. Strain off the seeds and pour into sauce jars like I have in the pic.

Getting the vinegar to pepper ratio is the key and sometimes you can add water to thin out the solution a bit. I didn't add any water to this batch because I thought the liquid ratio was good but in hindsight its still thick.

I suspect you could add Arizona or New Mexico chili peppers to the concoction or even some red bell peppers if you wanted to tame down the heat.

Good luck

Super Moderator

That's a thing of beauty, Mr @Slippy . Very pretty. I'm betting that the preparing of the recipe would kill any virus and could possibly be the cure for covid 19!
    Slippy and Michael_Js like this.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links