Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

WEAR A DANG MASK!!!!! When making Slippy's Famous Tobasco Pepper Sauce!

5K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Megamom134 
#1 ·
I ain't gonna lie, my eyes nose and throat are burning like a sumbtitch and this batch of Slippy's Famous Tobasco Sauce is hotter than a rolex at a BLM rally on MLK screet!

3 of these jars of fermented Slippy grown Tobasco Peppers, Vinegar, Salt and a dash of Sugar

Food Pickling Plant Ingredient Achaar

Made these small jars of sauce. Uneven pour due the fact that my eyes were watering and I was choking...

Bottle Liquid Drinkware Table Orange

Should've worn a mask...:vs_cry:

See less See more
#6 ·
Advice to the youngsters, if you find yourself in New Orleans down around the Franch Qwata resist the temptation to interplay with the hot and the sweet. One may have an innie and one might have an outie...:vs_whistle: Puts the Bone in bone apetit...:vs_lol:

But to *******'s question; My best batch was a Bourbon Peach Habanero Jelly style pork rib glaze. We got a couple of bags of frozen habanero in the freezer and in a few weeks I may rustle up a batch.

#8 ·
Or homemade mustard...

Slip: What is the secret? How do you make it? Our hot peppers grew in abundance this year and I am trying to find more uses for them. No shit, we got more than a full bushel from only 6 plants and I am out of ideas of what to do with them.

#11 ·
Habaneros or scotch bonnets will liven things up.
Tabasco? Baby food.

#1 Daughter lives in North Carolina and sent me some sauce made with Carolina Reapers. The hottest pepper in the world, rated at 1.5 MILLION units on the Scoville scale. :vs_shocked:
Haven't tried it yet.

I'm a hot sauce conesieur, wife gave me my own shelf on the fridge door. I'll have a dozen or so bottles of different sauces open for use at any one time.
Columbia, Trinidad, Mexico, Yucatan, and even St Augustine, Florida.

This stuff here will set you free, rates a 10 on the heat scale. www.mohotta.com/product/el-yucateco-xxxtra-hot-sauce/ This is my favorite of all - I'm down to just 6 bottles in backstock.
This is ONLY 300,000 Scoville units. :vs_laugh:

For comparison, tabasco peppers rate at 30,000 to 50,000 Scoville units.

#16 ·
I saved this site to peruse later. I think I found home. Love hot sauce :tango_face_wink:

#12 ·
Slippy.. passed the recipe on to my wife and a buddy of mine. I suspect they will jump on making it.

Carolina reaper... makes my eyes water even saying it... as I’ve tried it. We routinely use 9-pot. I think it’s about 3rd on the list. Yeah..family likes hot even the kids.

#14 ·
Slip.....didn't we have this same/similar conversation about wearing PPE while working with hot peppers a while back?????? Hopefully you'll remember by the time you process these new peppers. :vs_no_no_no:

BTW........what are the amounts of vinegar, salt, sugar vs peppers??? Do you make up the brine solution in a batch then cover the peppers in the jars??? OR do you just add the amounts per jar??? Quarts? Half-gallon? Pints? Inquiring minds want to know this stuff, so cough up the recipe

#15 ·
Slip.....didn't we have this same/similar conversation about wearing PPE while working with hot peppers a while back?????? Hopefully you'll remember by the time you process these new peppers. :vs_no_no_no:

BTW........what are the amounts of vinegar, salt, sugar vs peppers??? Do you make up the brine solution in a batch then cover the peppers in the jars??? OR do you just add the amounts per jar??? Quarts? Half-gallon? Pints? Inquiring minds want to know this stuff, so cough up the recipe
Like most things, it kinda comes to me after I've been Day-Drinking for at least a couple of hours or so...

But...here goes...

I start filling Quart or Half Gallon Jars with Peppers, adding Vinegar to cover the Peppers. When I get to the top, I add nice pour of salt and a spoonful of sugar. This batch used 3 1/2 Quarts. The Peppers ferment for a few months, then I pour into a stock pot, bring to a boil and simmer until my eyes begin to water, usually 2 drinks or so.

I'll taste the mixture and add vinegar or salt if needed. Let them cool and pour into the Ninja Blender or Food Processor and grind them up for a few minutes. After grinding, I pour them into the Flour Sieve and separate seeds from liquid. I save the seeds to toss around my Gray Water Reclamation area to keep critters and Mrs Slippy's Rat Dog away from it.

Pour the sauce into small Hot Sauce Jars and refrigerate.

Seriously, its like BBQ'in...whatever you feel that particular day. Day-Drinkin' Optional of course! :vs_lol:

#19 ·
Just found out one of my customers grows his own Reapers, and Ghost Peppers.
Makes his own sauce, gave me a bottle.
Made from Reapers, Ghosts, with some habaneros mixed in.

It's nice and thick, too.
I haven't tried it yet.

He picked two Reapers right off the plant and gave them to me, so I can get the seeds and grow my own.
I wonder if the rabbits will mess with them.

Reactions: Slippy
#21 ·
Don't forget, the capsaicin that produces the "heat" is most present in the seed membrane.
That's the best part.

#22 ·
2 Quarts of Vinegar, 1 Gallon Home Grown and Frozen Habaneros, 1 Cup Sugar yielded about 40 ounces of Hot Sauce. This time I made sure my face was protected and still have the lingering taste of habanero all around me. My first initial taste was HOT! Not unpleasant but close. 20 minutes later the heat is still on the top of my tongue and roof of my mouth.

I will give the mixture one more boil and add some brown sugar before I transfer to Hot Sauce Jars.

Liquid Drinkware Solution Fluid Tableware

Food Tableware Ingredient Liquid Fluid

#23 ·
2 Quarts of Vinegar, 1 Gallon Home Grown and Frozen Habaneros, 1 Cup Sugar yielded about 40 ounces of Hot Sauce. This time I made sure my face was protected and still have the lingering taste of habanero all around me. My first initial taste was HOT! Not unpleasant but close. 20 minutes later the heat is still on the top of my tongue and roof of my mouth.

I will give the mixture one more boil and add some brown sugar before I transfer to Hot Sauce Jars.

View attachment 108841

View attachment 108843
looks wicked!! like your soul @Slippy!!!

#28 ·
I like Franks Hot Wing sauce pertty good,,a bit zestier than the regular. Bet that in the pic is better.
That in the picture is downright evil, only the likes of a man like @rice paddy daddy who has cheated death more times than one should, would aspire to partake in the painful heat associated with it...

#29 ·
I ain't gonna lie, my eyes nose and throat are burning like a sumbtitch and this batch of Slippy's Famous Tobasco Sauce is hotter than a rolex at a BLM rally on MLK screet!

3 of these jars of fermented Slippy grown Tobasco Peppers, Vinegar, Salt and a dash of Sugar

View attachment 108703

Made these small jars of sauce. Uneven pour due the fact that my eyes were watering and I was choking...

View attachment 108705

Should've worn a mask...:vs_cry:
Yup, just bumping old posts that are recommended to me. I will continue until the platform is fixed . Hint, it won't be hahahahahashaha

#32 ·
I make a hot pesto sauce but not near as hot as what you all like. I have this thing about killing myself with the heat. I made a creamed horseradish sauce last year I had to do outside because it was so strong. The older I get the more mellow my sauces get.

Reactions: inceptor
#33 ·
Actually, you moderate the heat by how much you apply.
Habanero has a wonderful flavor, and on two fried eggs just 4 or 5 drops is about right.
The company that makes sriracha is owned by a Vietnamese immigrant, and he started out with just one product - Toung Ot Toi Vietnam. This is a chili garlic sauce, and unlike sriracha contains the seeds and membranes for nice heat.
If you can find it, give it a try. It comes in jars, not bottles, has the rooster on the label. To get mine I have to drive all the way into Jacksonville and go to the Vietnamese market.

#34 ·
Actually, you moderate the heat by how much you apply.
Habanero has a wonderful flavor, and on two fried eggs just 4 or 5 drops is about right.
The company that makes sriracha is owned by a Vietnamese immigrant, and he started out with just one product - Toung Ot Toi Vietnam. This is a chili garlic sauce, and unlike sriracha contains the seeds and membranes for nice heat.
If you can find it, give it a try. It comes in jars, not bottles, has the rooster on the label. To get mine I have to drive all the way into Jacksonville and go to the Vietnamese market.
We have one in town, I will have to stop in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.