Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Mid Size or Full Size SUV

10K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  txmarine6531 
#1 ·
Looking to add another vehicle to the stable. I've already got a ram 1500 4x4 with some nice additions for survival. Looking at getting a SUV next. What's everyone's thoughts on mid size vs full size SUV's? I'm mainly looking between a hummer h3/durango or a tahoe/suburban.

#28 · (Edited)
We have became convinced. My dear big Bro gifted me with a 92 Lexus 8 cylinder hot rod with 200 k on the dial a few years back. None of the little pukes who want to race between the traffic lights can keep up with the old white Knight. It shows 160 on the speed o meter and can probably still do it. but it needs tires before headed off to Indy.

#30 ·
Wife loves her Highlander but I'm done with it. Toyota's are great till you have to fix them. Kind of like a boat, break out another thousand.

I'll stick with my junk cheapo Fords. Guess my 30 plus years of actually working on vehicles made me stupid.

#32 ·
Back around--what was it--10 years back? Gas was $4.00 per gallon, I was driving one of those Chevy Suburbans. I remember to fill the tank up it'd cost me like around $100. bucks. Never again. I happily traded it in for the Ford Escape.

#39 ·
@txmarine6531 I have a 351 Windsor sitting in my shop I may part with. Its stroked to 396 with roush 200 cast iron heads, .600 cam, victor jr single plane intake, and 10quart pan. Probably makes around 600hp at 5000rpm. More torque then you would expect from 1500rpm to 3500rpm. Also have a nice dual point distributor for it.

#41 ·
Man I wish I had the money. But right now I can't afford to pay attention with the way work had been. Working on getting another, and much much better paying, job soon. That engine would go very very well in my '86. It would make Sanford, that's the truck's name, run like a scalded cat! I'm gonna keep you in mind, if I get in the position to buy, I'll holler at you. Thank you for telling me about it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.