Everything at Walmart
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Everything at Walmart

This is a discussion on Everything at Walmart within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; So I went to Walmart.com a few days ago and I've been shopping ever since. I have a wife, three kids, a dog, and a ...

Everything at Walmart

So I went to Walmart.com a few days ago and I've been shopping ever since. I have a wife, three kids, a dog, and a cat, and each of us have our own bugout bag. I've gotten everything i need for us to bug out except a few cheapies I plan to get when the stuff gets here. I believe I have enough here to sustain us for several months in the wilderness while things cool down so we can make it to our BOL. You want the list? You got it.
    1 Solar panel back-pack, 2 tactical back-backs, 1 Canine saddle-bags (doggy BOB that she carries), 1 week 2 days worth of food for 5 of us, arctic dog boots, all-season paw protection, 1 dog collar, 1 dog harness, 2 collapsible fabric pet dishes, Pet energy supplements, bitter bandage, cat carrier backpack, cat harness, binoculars, camo dome tent, 0 degree sleeping bags, camping cook set, camp utensils, 5 magnesium firestarters, 3 cans max strength pepperspray, tri-fold shovel, 10 bottles drinking water tablets, dry sacks, SOG fasthawk axe, utility cord, compass, pocket stove, 1st aid kit, 2 waist packs, 4 water filtration straws, 4 filtration bottles and refills, GPS reciever, universal inverter, 4 Gerber ultimate survival kits, 3 solar and cranking flashlights, crank radio, small solar powered bug zapper, Tom Browns wilderness guide, US airforce survival fieldbook, 6 knife or axe sharpeners, slingshot replacement bands, 4 slingshots (pro quality), 2 telescoping fishing poles, 300 yards 65 lb test, bar soap, whistles, duck quail deer and turkey calls, 2way radios, maps, SOG hand axe, wethstone survival knife and kit X6, Whetstone folding knife, folding saws and extra blades, Gerber bear grylls scout knife X5, Gerber knife fixed, Gerber machete jr., Whetstone 13" survival knife with compass, Gerber Parang, Coleman fixed blade X5, Whetstone tactical folding knife, and a partridge in a pear tree!

Almost all of which is light weight and fits in the Packs. Am I missing anything (Other than the guns (getting those soon))?
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

Re: Everything at Walmart

I don't know if you are missing anything, but WOW! That's some spending spree you went on. Did the Amex go up in smoke..lol?

Have you tried out the doggy saddlebags yet? I have a husky who was a bit of a problem child for her first couple of years. A Petsmart trainer suggested we put her to work and told us to try out one of the saddlebag things. Let's just say it was not a successful endeavor.

(On a side note, Petsmart training does NOT work for dominant dogs. She went through two trainers before the third...who actually knew what she was working with, worked miracles.)
    Living my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "oh $#|+, she's awake!" Hidden Content

Actually I've been an animal behaviorist for about 13 years. I started a humane society when I was 12 and it went from there. I've used the saddlebags before with mixed results. I have a sight hound/great dane mix right now and when we're in Ohio in the winter we hook a light sled to her harness and she'll pull the kids, so I don't think there's going to be a problem. Husky's are very primitive dog. That's where most of their appeal resides. That's also where most of the problems come from. Only experienced owners should have husky's and it takes a special trainer which you've already figured out. I've worked as a vet tech, behaviorist, kennel manager, shelter manager, etc., so if you have any questions or problems feel free to PM me. I love to talk pups. lol

We didn't make the purchase put it all on the online list so I can purchase it in chunks. Taking a big chunk out Monday morning!
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I absolutely agree with you. I wish I had known then what I know now. It wasn't my intent to get a husky, or I would have spent more time researching that particular breed. In hindsight, it was irresponsible to bring her home before doing that research. I was fortunate with the last trainer. In a week, a different dog came home who was much happier and so was I. The trainer also worked with my family so we would all be consistent with her.

What a great job you have! Thank you so much for the offer and I will likely take you up on that. You see, I also have a rott/pitt 2 yr. old who has absolutely no training whatsoever. He does not sit, walk on a leash, stay, come or anything else for that matter. Now before you think I was irresponsible a second time...it wasn't me. My oldest daughter got him as a pup. She lived in an apartment and worked three jobs half the country away from me. Clearly she was not thinking, so naturally he ended up with me a little over a year ago. I have this thing about taking on the responsibility of an animal and then abdicating on it when you don't feel like doing it anymore or it is no longer convenient. I know with me, he will be safe and well cared for.
    Living my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "oh $#|+, she's awake!" Hidden Content

Closest Walmart is about five hours away and Walmart.ca is a joke compared to .com have nothing available online, and if it is it's out of stock...blows lol, but nice for you
    My learning how to prep blog Hidden Content

Sponsored Links