Advice for an EDC bag
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Advice for an EDC bag

This is a discussion on Advice for an EDC bag within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; I just got my concealed carry permit and want a DISCREET EDC bag. I'd like something reasonably small (the largest thing will be my 1911 ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Advice for an EDC bag

Question Advice for an EDC bag

I just got my concealed carry permit and want a DISCREET EDC bag. I'd like something reasonably small (the largest thing will be my 1911 and a spare mag) as well as the usual EDC stuff one should have. Problem is, I can't seem to find anything that doesn't look like tactical advertising. Thoughts?
    “Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”
    ― Gregory Peck
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mconard View Post
    I just got my concealed carry permit and want a DISCREET EDC bag. I'd like something reasonably small (the largest thing will be my 1911 and a spare mag) as well as the usual EDC stuff one should have. Problem is, I can't seem to find anything that doesn't look like tactical advertising. Thoughts?
    If it doesn't look tactical than it's a purse

I don't like bags because they can be out of your control or forgotten. Remember you're responsible for that firearm at all times and you don't want someone else to get control of it. The best carry is on your person that you have practiced to the point of muscle memory. I prefer the hip and practice sweeping the garment away, drawing and presenting the weapon so in a crisis you will do as you have trained.
    dannydefense and Prepadoodle like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I never thought of that....thanks for checking my man-card!
    Meangreen likes this.
    “Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”
    ― Gregory Peck
    Hidden Content

5.11 makes bags that look 100% civilian... but most definitely as useful as any tac bag I have...

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    I don't like bags because they can be out of your control or forgotten. Remember you're responsible for that firearm at all times and you don't want someone else to get control of it. The best carry is on your person that you have practiced to the point of muscle memory. I prefer the hip and practice sweeping the garment away, drawing and presenting the weapon so in a crisis you will do as you have trained.
    This.

Depending on your frame, carrying a full size concealed can be an adventure in discomfort, but eventually (about three or four holsters later) you'll find what works best for you and it will become to the point where you're halfway in somewhere that it's unlawful to carry before you remember to go back to your vehicle and disarm.

It's definitely a lot easier to conceal comfortably and reliably in colder weather when you can wear more layers, but if you can figure out how to do it with a t-shirt on you're golden. As Meangreen alluded to, make sure you hit the range and work on your draw as often as you can until it becomes second nature.
    Meangreen likes this.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    +1 to what Meangreen said about firearm responsibility and hip carry. A 1911 is a bigger carry gun, but I carry a 92FS regularly myself which is about the same size. In the summer I use IWB's and in the winter under the cover of a coat I get to wear the more comfortable (to me) OWB. Practicing draw pull aside your shirt/s and jacket is essential practice and could save your life. If you need it, you want it to be like second nature, drawing and putting it accurately on what you want to kill. I've got various makers of holsters but have found Tangua's real nice for the money. They are the only one I've found that made a high open top out of the waistband holster for my Beretta's for a reasonable price.

TAGUA GUN LEATHER

For a non tactical, high quality EDC bag, Camelbak makes some excellent small packs and of course come with a water bladder.

CamelBak | Shop All Hydration Backpacks & Daypacks

Since I don't care about tactical myself though, I use a Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger. It goes on quick and stays out of the way of my sidearm.

Tactical Nylon Military Gear Shoulder Sling Backpacks, Single Strap Packs for Bug Out, Survival

Glad I am female - there are many nice purses for concealed carry.
    Fuzzee likes this.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsInor View Post
    Glad I am female - there are many nice purses for concealed carry.

Actually these days, if guys don't mind loosing their man card permanently, there's purses for them too.

Advice for an EDC bag-crlv.jpg
    Advice for an EDC bag-murse3.jpg
    Advice for an EDC bag-marcjacobhermesbirkin.jpg
    Prepadoodle likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links