BOB medical supplies
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

BOB medical supplies

This is a discussion on BOB medical supplies within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; What does everybody have for their BOB medical supplies, I'm tearing my BOB apart and starting over from scratch, looking to see what others have ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: BOB medical supplies

BOB medical supplies

What does everybody have for their BOB medical supplies, I'm tearing my BOB apart and starting over from scratch, looking to see what others have in theirs.

Also, inform me on what quickclot is and where i can get some!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Banned

Re: BOB medical supplies

I had a full medical kit with saline wound wash, gause, bandages, disinfectant, needle, thread ALL that. I had it under the seat in my BOV and when I got in that crash, it never crossed my mind that it was right under me within arms reach while I was bleeding out. Made me rethink the whole thing.

Hello there! Not sure if anyone has answered your quikclot question yet, but just so you know the Quickclot powder is no longer used. They now make Quickclot combat gauze's. If for some reason you end up getting the powder version DO NOT use it. Its too messy and can cause serious burns if it gets into your eyes. The Air Force no longer uses the powder form due to it causing more harm then good. If you get the gauzes it pretty much does the same thing except its safer and cleaner. All you have to do is pack the gauze into the wound and it will stop the bleeding. http://www.lapolicegear.com/qucoga.html is a nice site to buy from. Most other places you need a medical order form. So my best suggestion is to look around on ebay or amazon and try and find a better price. Hope this answers your question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

there is also alum, but look into it. not fun stuff to use at all.

Medical equipments are really helpful to us. But never hear about BOB medical suppliers. Please some things about BOB medical suppliers.

Maxi pads are better than band aids. Really absorbent and bigger. Add a few in there. I have a few in my first aid kits. I'm a guy btw.

A lot of factors go in to planning a medical kit, size being the prevailing factor, but ultimately first aid kits are deemed to basic by most in our positions because we are planning for events that just don't happen everyday and therefore need more stuff, so all you can really do is make a list of everything you think that TSHTF could do to you in your are of the world, and buy everything that fixes everything on your list, best I can think of.
    My learning how to prep blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by acidlittle View Post
    What does everybody have for their BOB medical supplies, I'm tearing my BOB apart and starting over from scratch, looking to see what others have in theirs.

Also, inform me on what quickclot is and where i can get some!
    you can buy it on amazon it stops your bleeding

No expert but I'd stay away from the prepackaged medical kits. Been my experience that they are chock full of substandard and overpriced crap. Find a good list of must haves and nice to haves then get the must haves. If you need this kit long term keep in mind that your sanitary situation and having access to clean water may be lacking. GI issues are a bitch in the field. The likelihood of getting dysentery is higher than a GSW (in my humble opinion anyway).

Max
    JDE101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxdad View Post
    No expert but I'd stay away from the prepackaged medical kits. Been my experience that they are chock full of substandard and overpriced crap. Find a good list of must haves and nice to haves then get the must haves. If you need this kit long term keep in mind that your sanitary situation and having access to clean water may be lacking. GI issues are a bitch in the field. The likelihood of getting dysentery is higher than a GSW (in my humble opinion anyway).

Max
    I agree I've made my own and it's far better

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links