What did you add to your BOB recently? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What did you add to your BOB recently?

This is a discussion on What did you add to your BOB recently? within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Nothing the bag is done. Unless someone invents a better mouse trap than I already have it stays as is. The ruck is packed to ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What did you add to your BOB recently?

Nothing the bag is done. Unless someone invents a better mouse trap than I already have it stays as is.
    The ruck is packed to standard. The MRE's do get rotated out.
    Something to think about. If you are not use to walking You may want to pack some Moleskin.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 10-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    oldmurph58 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I bought a SOG Spirit - it is a hand-held metal spearpoint on a nylon handle. You can also attach it to longer threaded handles and use it as a spear.

What did you add to your BOB recently?-image.jpg

It is, in all honesty, more novelty than weaponry, but I always wanted one ever since I saw these, and so I bought it. It is fairly well-made, but in a fight for your life scenario, it could do considerable damage. But I think it would be a one-and-done use weapon - if you had to rely on it for multiple strikes, I think it would break. But it still has some inherent potential, and it does look kinda cool, which is important, especially given the fact that it will almost certainly never be used in anger (just keeping it real, folks...).

I go snorkeling for flounder using a trident gig, and I have gigged some pretty big flatties that put up a hell of a fight, and I thought it might come in handy for dispatching a fish quickly.

I also bought a mini-hacksaw, with extra blades. It is really hard to schlep around a bolt cutter, but a quality mini-hacksaw could really come in handy. It is the lightweight shaped metallic round stock model used by professional plumbers, and it could cut through metal if you have enough time, or no other choice.... For under $20 with 10 extra blades, I couldn't pass it up (plus I had a plumbing project I needed it for, so what the hey...).

Spear and a hacksaw, my new adds.
    Some days, you should just stay home in bed....

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    quick clot and hand held cb radio and Kevlar patches
    Please try the quick clot before you depend on it. About three weeks ago, I used it for some scrapes I got when I had to drop my motorcycle to avoid hitting someone who backed out of their driveway without looking. First off, It burned like hell for at least 3 hours. Secondly, it formed a thick scab that was tender, and it hurt for at least a week or so. It did seem to stop the bleeding though. Even so, I swore that I'll never use that stuff again, and believe me I won't.

Perhaps someone else can share their experience with the stuff. Maybe it doesn't react the same way on everybody.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Not really part of my BOB but I picked up 100 rounds of 9mm ammo, all weather shooting gloves, and some lighters. Just starting to piece mine together so a lot to add yet.

Super Moderator

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Mine is set for me. I'm thinking now of what can be removed to lighten the pack and be more efficient. My bob is primarily a hurricane evacuation pack. Now that the season is almost over, or at least threats are low, I'll review and adjust.
    oldmurph58 likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Fold up state map. The ones you get at gas stations.
    Reality: Hidden Content

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Not for my BOB, but my GHB, as an alternative to Quik Clot which I carry sponges of in both packs, I picked up some Wound Seal powder. I haven't used it yet, but some of my buddies have and found it good stuff. I'm going to get some more for my BOB and around the house. Quik Clot works well. You have to deal with the pain, but it's expensive and I wouldn't use it for anything but a major wound bleeding heavily. Otherwise little cuts can be cleaned and either sealed with the Wound Seal or superglue. I can see someone kicking themselves for using their Quik Clot for a little cut or scrap out in the bush and than need it for something major and be shit out of luck.

What did you add to your BOB recently?-woundseal-packaging_5_13.jpg
    oldmurph58 likes this.

I finally put a little fishing kit in my bag... using one of the small altoids tins, I've got about 5 yards of 6lb test, another of 4lb, various split shot, one spoon lure, a nymph, and about half a dozen 8 and 10 hooks. I've got my tackle box in the same room as the rest of my gear, so if leaving is a must I'm going to try and bring it but it'll definitely be one of the first things to go in favor of the altoids fishing kit if weight becomes an issue.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    Not for my BOB, but my GHB, as an alternative to Quik Clot which I carry sponges of in both packs, I picked up some Wound Seal powder. I haven't used it yet, but some of my buddies have and found it good stuff. I'm going to get some more for my BOB and around the house. Quik Clot works well. You have to deal with the pain, but it's expensive and I wouldn't use it for anything but a major wound bleeding heavily. Otherwise little cuts can be cleaned and either sealed with the Wound Seal or superglue. I can see someone kicking themselves for using their Quik Clot for a little cut or scrap out in the bush and than need it for something major and be shit out of luck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoundSeal-Packaging_5_13.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	2996
    http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-deta...s?skuId=888211

Thanks for the tip! I'm both adventurous, and clumsy... Shouldn't take long before I'll be able to try this out. :D
    Fuzzee and oldmurph58 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickfromillinois View Post
    A couple of P-38 can openers.
    They've got a hole in em. Maybe attach one to a fero rod with some cord for a the striker so it serves dual purpose, plus less likely to get lost being so small.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links