Sewing Kit - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sewing Kit

This is a discussion on Sewing Kit within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Originally Posted by dwight55 Mine has a treadle operated Singer sewing machine,......... May God bless, Dwight If you don't mind sharing, what did it cost ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sewing Kit

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Mine has a treadle operated Singer sewing machine,.........
    May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you don't mind sharing, what did it cost you and in what kind of condition. I have one in a cabinet to sell for a charitable org. Thanks
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I've got a couple of el cheapo sewing kits, some extra needles and thread, some fishing line for heavier duty use, etc. Recently I've felt that I needed to start building a better kit with some larger needles for canvas and stuff, heavier threads, etc.
    While visiting Farmington Maine recently we went into a cool store called Renny's. Among other things we found this little package of various needles.

They were much cheaper than the Amazon link at .69cents each. I bought a few.

Sewing Kit-needles.jpg
    Last edited by BlackDog; 08-25-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Banned

they have a store up here called Dollarama I just happened to notice a pretty full sew in kit for only $2 candy and of course the key being needles have for selling but it also contains a bunch of bobby pins buttons and thread as well as some other odds and ends were less that's the bare bones of a sewing kit you might also get a thimbll and some other stuff. this one of course also had things like a measuring tape. I was very sold on it to be honest I'm but I don't have any change on me and the store only took debit and cash as opposed to credit card which I pay for everything with

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I was going to buy this sewing kit for the family BOBs:
    Rothco Military Tactical Emergency Gi Style Clothing Repair Sewing Kit 1121 | eBay

But I ended up buying several of these: GN Portable Mini Travel Sewing Kits Box with Color Needle Threads DIY Home Tools | eBay $1.52 each with free shipping. The only thing that sucked was the month wait from China shipping.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Mod Squad

I carry a couple of nylon sutures to make emergency repairs. They come with the needle already threaded, and the curved needles are strong enough to stitch fairly heavy items like packs or boots.

Success Is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - anonymous

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links