Color of your BOB make a difference?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Color of your BOB make a difference? within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Camo vs plain? I think that a camo would say, hey I have stuff! A plain one would say that you have stuff but not ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Color of your BOB make a difference?

Camo vs plain? I think that a camo would say, hey I have stuff! A plain one would say that you have stuff but not prepared to fight off anyone. A bright orange or bright yellow one would be quickly identifiable for lost in woods situations though. What do you think?
    shotlady likes this.

Re: Color of your BOB make a difference?

In an SHTF situation, ANY pack is going to say "Hey I have stuff" In Iowa, people have camo coats, boots, pants, backpacks. I really think people put too much thought into the color, I like camo because if you are bugging out, it will blend better then a lime green. The only colors I worry about are brights, I choose base colors (blacks/grays/browns/camos) because they don't stick out at long distances.
    All in all, i really don't think it makes a huge difference if you go black or camo, because EVERYBODY will assume the pack has stuff in it. You just have to carry stuff on you to defend yourself, and not make yourself stick out with your actions.
    Alpha-17, shotlady, Irish and 1 others like this.
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Here is an idea. Wear a poncho type jacket over your bug out bag if you don't want anyone seeing what you have. In the city, everyone has a north face (Blah!) pack. I plan on getting a regular backpack that looks like one.
    shotlady likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I agree with acidlittle. Here in Kansas, camo is everywhere so the color my not be that important. I might shy away from bright colors like yellow and blaze orange however, just from the eyecatching aspect. But yeah, when SHTF, anything worth carrying is probably worth something.
    shotlady likes this.
    Pray for the best, prepare for the rest.
    Hidden Content

Im slight ocd and plan on making everything the same color... black... lol.. it has to match.. lmao..

as far as calling attention.. Im going to make up some t-shirts that say, please have pitty, we need water and food..

Think that will keep them away?

From my time overseas when we wanted to blend in we would try to do that, you want your bag to look like everyone else's, if you are in a city or suburban enviorment a black or even blue bag would work just fine, but if you live in a suburban or rural area that people usually wear cammo all the time it wouldnt stand out as much. The main thing you need to consider is blending in with your enviorment and that includes other people. in a SHTF senario lots of people would probably head to the streets with regular back packs because they DIDNT prepare. you can always put a poncho over a regular colored back pack to cammo it. If you are unable to cover it with other material... get spray paint! I have painted equipment, cars, back packs, gear, even my rifles to suit multiple enviorments. Remember its not what kind of fancy gear you can get its what you can adapt to fit your needs even if it means a little modification
    shotlady likes this.
    Improvise, adapt and over come. Buckinbronco66

Quote Originally Posted by acidlittle
    In an SHTF situation, ANY pack is going to say "Hey I have stuff" In Iowa, people have camo coats, boots, pants, backpacks. I really think people put too much thought into the color, I like camo because if you are bugging out, it will blend better then a lime green. The only colors I worry about are brights, I choose base colors (blacks/grays/browns/camos) because they don't stick out at long distances.
    All in all, i really don't think it makes a huge difference if you go black or camo, because EVERYBODY will assume the pack has stuff in it. You just have to carry stuff on you to defend yourself, and not make yourself stick out with your actions.
    I agree. Carrying a pack says "I have stuff" just make sure you have a gun visible too. That says "get your own stuff"
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

If you are all wearing camo how am I supposed to find ya? I would say it would depend on the person. I buy whatever is the best deal. If it is orange it is orange. Get some camo burlap and ghillie it up. But on another note if you are wanting to be found your out of food, water and your hurt color can be your friend. I always pack a mirror, rescue blanket, whistle, and a bright colored towel. Just in case.
    shotlady likes this.

Just got my new tactical pack in the mail. Digital camo from walmart.com and it's only 20 bucks. It's Wayfair.
    I will fight until my last breath. I will bleed every drop.

I like to go with Black bags and black supplies whenever possible. Trekking thru the city with a black backpack might not draw as much attention as a camo molle pack....but the opposite could be said in a rural community, where any non-camo bag would stand out.
    shotlady likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links