cost.of your bob?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

cost.of your bob?

This is a discussion on cost.of your bob? within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; What would you estimate the total cost of your bag and contents?...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: cost.of your bob?

cost.of your bob?

What would you estimate the total cost of your bag and contents?

Man thats a hard one. For me, maybe around $250?
    (Without G&A)
    Last edited by yzingerr; 02-05-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    For the bag, with the cost of the bag and everything in it and attached to it, I'm guesstimating around somewhere close to $1000 but it's probably more. Since the bag is just one part of the rig though and goes with my M1A, 92FS and Active Shooter Bag setup it easily goes up to close to $4000 or more with loaded mags and ammo, etc. If you haven't noticed, living is expensive. Taking into account prices now with the current market I can't even imagine what it would cost to replace all of it right now. People looking to start prepping now are way behind the curve, but I'm sure there were people who talked to them about it a long time back and they just blew it off. You get what you choose in life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I am into mine around 350 not counting any food or Ammo and guns. but I am still working on building my Wifes and kids. I am about half way there with the Wifes and in for about 120 at the moment. The kids I am in maybe 30 bucks or so sofar. I am guessing with I am pretty much done for all 3 of us, it will be around the 600 to 700 dollar mark excluding food and Ammo or guns.

Banned

Mine was uber low cost. I'll have to add all that up but I am willing to bet money it was under 50 bucks. It's an old laptop bag (I don't have a full sized laptop anymore) which was probably the most expensive part. Everything else I found, bought or fashioned myself. I'm proud of it for what it is, I even managed to add a can of spam and added to the cooking set without putting much more weight on. It's light- even with my shattered legs I can put it on and walk around pretty easily. That's about as common man as they come, nothing frilly in it. Notably I seem to have put plenty of ways to start fire in there, at least 6. Some useful little odds and ends like the dual ring anchor and a real medical plaster cast in case someone breaks something. Some bent nails to use as tarp pegs and a good tarp, some gloves and socks, a hatchet, machete and long knife, a multi use UV sensor watch that is also a carabiner, some rope, some cordage, an extensive multifuel cook set (you could make three courses at a time on that puppy) a water filter straw, some filtration tablets, water bottle, shake flashlight, map compass, slingshot, diamond sharpener, sewing kit, some medical stuff and a few assorted other things. On my show it's about permaculture and re-purposing the stuff you find along the way, improvisation and innovation. I am confident with this pack I'll have the bare essentials and tools I need to do things my way.

I have two, and I probably have $2000 invested in them.

GPS, binoculars, quality knives, multi-tools, mags, ammo, flashlights, headlamps, medicines, compasses, fishing gear, hatchets, entrenching tools, etc.

I am not counting firearms in that total.

Yes, I caught the "bug" in BOB, real bad!
    BIOfrequency likes this.

Cost me 27 years and 1 discharge.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Cost me 27 years and 1 discharge.
    Thanks for making me laugh, Smitty! I am glad I had just set my drink down before I read this or I would have blown bubbles out my nostrils!

Question for those with a BOB, Do you all live in a city. I can not imagine a reason to bug out from my homestead, I am unsure other than a nuclear strike what would cause me to leave, no chance of flood, no Huricane, Tornado, 5%.

So do you all live in a major city???

BOB is something many of us keep with us. In my case it is a tool to get back to my BOL.
    Mine is not to over loaded . Chances are I would never need it but just in case I get caught in Milwaukee when it goes down if I need to open a hole to get out I can.
    If I could not find a route away from the city to get back I could make it on foot.
    Others BOB may serve a long term purpose . Each persons will have different needs.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links