Suggestion for BoB - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Suggestion for BoB

This is a discussion on Suggestion for BoB within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Originally Posted by bigwheel They work good but they are gonky and clunky. How about a Sig? My Ruger LCP fits right in my front ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Suggestion for BoB

  1. #11
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    They work good but they are gonky and clunky. How about a Sig?
    My Ruger LCP fits right in my front pocket. Not clunky at all. Sig is nice too though

  2. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northeast Texas
    Posts
    11,178
    Wonder how many folks will "bug out" and forget their bag?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

  3. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    3,286
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdolby View Post
    Does anybody have a good suggestion for a BoB that isn’t “tactical” looking? I like to stay discrete and I feel like a lot of the tactical looking packs could make you a potential target. I’m a backpacker, so I would use a similar bag to what I have (Osprey Atmos) but I’d want something a little more durable than that.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,353
    Don't forget about the ALICE pack. They've been around for so long, they're don't really scream military or tactical anymore IMO. You can still get them in pretty much new condition.

  6. #15
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Wonder how many folks will "bug out" and forget their bag?
    Well that’d be awkward lol. My “bug out” bag is really just a bag I’m gonna keep in the car. In case I get stranded and need to hoof it to the nearest town. Which is a real possibility in the mountains here.
    A Watchman likes this.

  7. #16
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdolby View Post
    Does anybody have a good suggestion for a BoB that isn’t “tactical” looking? I like to stay discrete and I feel like a lot of the tactical looking packs could make you a potential target. I’m a backpacker, so I would use a similar bag to what I have (Osprey Atmos) but I’d want something a little more durable than that.
    Ok now this, I like. Thanks for the suggestion!
    hawgrider and Annie like this.

  8. #17
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northeast Texas
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdolby View Post
    Well that’d be awkward lol. My “bug out” bag is really just a bag I’m gonna keep in the car. In case I get stranded and need to hoof it to the nearest town. Which is a real possibility in the mountains here.
    Yea, I have them in all my family's vehicles and they are set up to serve the purpose of a GHB or get home bag.... or just as applicable get somewhere safe.
    Prepared One likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

  9. #18
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdolby View Post
    Well that’d be awkward lol. My “bug out” bag is really just a bag I’m gonna keep in the car. In case I get stranded and need to hoof it to the nearest town. Which is a real possibility in the mountains here.
    Yea, I have them in all my family's vehicles and they are set up to serve the purpose of a GHB or get home bag.... or just as applicable get somewhere safe.
    I guess “Get home” bag would be the better term for mine rather than a “Bug out” bag.
    hawgrider likes this.

  10. #19
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    3,286
    Quote Originally Posted by dmdolby View Post
    Ok now this, I like. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Definitely blend in with the under 30 city/suburban hipster crowd.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  11. #20
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,839
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Don't laugh. I took all my kids old backpacks from the previous school year and made bug out bags outta them. Why not?
    hawgrider and bigwheel like this.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Urination device- Female BOB suggestion.
    By RJAMES in forum Strictly Bug Out Bags
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-13-2018, 08:00 PM
  2. suggestion for a range
    By Wquon in forum Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 09:57 AM
  3. A suggestion when contacting your Congressmen
    By jc-hunter in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM
  4. Suggestion
    By WVTactics in forum General Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Back to Top