Maxpedition
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Maxpedition

This is a discussion on Maxpedition within the Strictly Bug Out Bags forums, part of the General Prepper and Survival Talk category; Hey gang, I am intrigued by Maxpedition's new backpacks from the "Entity" line and their "gray man" motif. I am leaning heavily towards the Entitiy ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Maxpedition

Maxpedition

Hey gang,

I am intrigued by Maxpedition's new backpacks from the "Entity" line and their "gray man" motif. I am leaning heavily towards the Entitiy 16 for CCW and EDC. They appear to be "non tactical" tactical if you will. What's everyone's experience with Maxpedition?

Thanks in advance,

NRG
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

My 72hr bag (most often used) is a foliage Green Maxpedition Condor II... unquestionably tactical. I had it about four months and my wife insisted on having one as well. They're extremely comfortable. We tend to collect bags and the Condors far out perform the Camelbak and Kelty bags we have in a similar size, price and application. The material is heavier and tougher. The zippers and stitching are very rugged and the flexibility of the MOLLE straps is really great.

I don't have any experience with non-tactical Maxpedition bags, but if they're build to the same standards as the tactical offerings, it would be hard to go wrong.

Prices can vary widely from one supplier to another, so shop around a bit before buying.
    Camel923, Prepared One and Denton like this.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

Maxpedition is good to go! In no particular order, my far and away three favorite bag/pack manufacturers are:

Eberlestock
    Hazard 4
    Maxpedition
    0rocky likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Maxpedition is the real deal. They are flat-out rugged bags. Next to me right here is their Fatboy Versipack with added Janus extension. I started a thread on here a few years ago showing off the bag since it's my EDC. It goes with me everywhere everyday. It's changed a bit in contents since that time, but the bag is still in excellent shape. The only wear spot is the very back side where it rubs against the body when carried. I added their Universal Holster velcro insert into the rear pocket to hold my backup CCW, and the rigid velcro it's made out of created a "hot spot" of contact, so it's started a wear spot. It hasn't gone through yet, only the first layer of cloth. There is an abrasion resistant material between the layers, and it's holding strong.

The stitching is excellent on the entire bag. They even bar tacked two points where the most likely tearing would occur if filled to capacity, and it's still like new. Trust me when I say, I fill it.

It has held up phenomenally. I've not tried any of their newer lines, but their legacy stuff is life proof.

EDIT:
    Forgot, I also have their Thermite Verispack, and the quality on it is the same. It sees much less use, but it will handle anything.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 04-11-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    Prepared One, Camel923 and Denton like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I have Maxpidition packs and pocket organizers, Fat Max, etc. Can't go wrong with their quality. Pricey, but worth it.
    Camel923 and Denton like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

That could make a really nice Father's Day gift.
    Denton likes this.

Another thumb's up here for Maxpedition. I have several of the organizers and bags. The Beefy is my current EDC. That thing is stuffed to the point the zippers are screaming. I own a lot of bags and I'm pretty confident with any other manufacturer the seams would have burst day one. I've had the same setup for 2 years now and not even a frayed thread.

Initially I was a little put off on Maxpedition's price. You get what you pay for but are they really worth that much more than all the other top-tier brands? The answer is yes. Another brand I've had good luck with is Condor. They are very similar to Maxpedition and roughly half the price on average. I use them mainly for the pouches but have one bag that's a tank. I actually think they have the best medic pouch in the business, but that's just my opinion.
    NewRiverGeorge and Denton like this.

I prefer REI's housebrand-- more room, lighter for the same volume.

Good luck!
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Have several small Maxpedition pouches I’ve used to build trauma kits with. Impressed with their quality and ruggedness.

Was looking at the Entity for get home bags and decided upon a pair of 5.11 Covert backpacks for cost savings instead. When the Coverts arrived I was disappointed and regretted not spending the extra for the Maxpeditions. Decided to keep the Coverts because they are better than what we had before, which was nothing. But will eventually upgrade the GHBs with something by Maxpedition.

The 5.11 Covert has a nice layout and plenty of room for us. It’s just lacking in ruggedness. Small almost fragile zippers and thin fabric. Just not heavy duty enough to last as long as you’d want it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    I prefer REI's housebrand-- more room, lighter for the same volume.

Good luck!
    How do you get more room if the volume is the same? Volume is literally the measurement of the room in the bag. I'm just curious what you meant by that.

I don't have any REI bags but I have similar ones from EMS, Gregory, Mountainsmith, etc. The weight is nice, but it's a huge trade off since they are nowhere near as durable. REI's bags are 420 denier. They aren't meant to handle heavy abuse. Maxpedition uses 1050 I think, which also gets you water and abrasion resistance.

The biggest reason I won't use any of my backpacking bags as a BOB is the difference in design philosophy. In general backpacking or trail bags are designed for 80%+ of your gear to be in the central pocket and not taken out until you are at your destination. Even worse with top loaders. With the exception of a floating top, flute pockets or small belt pouches you don't have easy access to equipment on the fly.

The designs of tactical bags lets me get to more items without stopping or removing the bag, which I believe will be essential in a bug out scenario. But to each their own. It's just like trail sneakers vs. boots. Ask 100 people, you have a good chance of finding 50 that swear by one and 50 that believe the exact opposite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links