How about a DRILL Section?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How about a DRILL Section? within the Site Recommendations, Questions, and Support forums, part of the Site Support, Rules, Guidelines, Suggestions, Changes, Plans category; Topics will be hypothetical detailed scenarios of incidents and responses to the OP will be how they will go about reacting and surviving the event. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How about a DRILL Section?

Topics will be hypothetical detailed scenarios of incidents and responses to the OP will be how they will go about reacting and surviving the event. So I guess this will be like kinda a role-play section, which will test our levels of preparedness, and they might help us contemplate and review on certain areas of our prepping when we see what might happen when faced with such incidents.

Scenarios will be varied - it can even be while a harrowing disaster is already taking place.
    Responses should also be detailed. We can point out where someone makes a mistake in his procedure.

The OP should be very detailed since we'll need all the info to base our responses. The OP cannot add to the scenario later in the thread. If there is an addition to the scenario, it should be posted as a separate thread (incident) with all the full details.
    Fuzzee likes this.

I like DeWalt for cordless,Milwaukee for corded

Personally I am a Ryobi guy

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I walk a different path... Sure I know it is overkill but I love it.

How about a DRILL Section?-dw006k.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    I like DeWalt for cordless,Milwaukee for corded
    The Milwaukee hole shooter is the standard of industry. Cordless drills are handy and I never had one go bad but the batteries do and they cost as much as a new drill. The new lithium Ion power tools seem a lot better.

My Dewalt 24 volt is almost 10 years old. Still operates like a champ. I do have a couple corded ones for back up but a 24 volt hammer drill is tough to beat. Even if it is excessive for most drilling.

Okay. Forget I suggested anything.

Or, seeing that you're all senior members....I guess this is like a hazing for newbies?
    You make fun of - and hijack - a newbie's thread?
    Last edited by charito; 10-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post

Or, seeing that you're all senior members....I guess this is like a hazing for newbies?
    We hijack and make fun of everybody's threads, especially each other's. I mean, a lot of the topics on this site are talking about the end of the world. If you do not throw a little humor in, it gets kind of morose.

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post

OK I guess it we were a little hard but yes practicing is a very good Ideal, There have been several threads on this but one thing a lot have suggested is for one day just turn all the power and water off in the house.
    Camping with your gear is also a good ideal or even testing it out doors. I think anyone planning on bugging out diffidently needs to do a hike with their equipment or its equivalent weight and I bet the next time they will reduce the weight a little. Most important is you will find a lot of weaknesses such as you will find a head lamp much more valuable then a flashlight when doing any work, (try doing the dishes with a flashlight). If you have kids get them involved. Such as if you have a young child give them a solar light and give them the responsibility to put it out in the sun in the morning and take it in at night if they want a night light in their room if they forget then no light. If you do a test you will find some things you didn't even think about and then correct it before it is to late.

PS: I didn't even notice you were a junior member and I think a lot of us have learned the hard way that it is important how you label your post.
    Last edited by rickkyw1720pf; 10-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    We hijack and make fun of everybody's threads, especially each other's. I mean, a lot of the topics on this site are talking about the end of the world. If you do not throw a little humor in, it gets kind of morose.
    I understand about having some humor...and I'm all for having humor, in fact I've enjoyed a humorous thread showing mistakes we can do. I forgot the title but that was humorous AND seriously done at the same time. Nothing's wrong with having humor, however there is also a proper place for it, imho.
    If we can do as we please with anyone's thread - make fun of it, take it off-topic, and dismiss it - that's not only unethical in a forum (at least in the few forums I participate in)....in the end, the whole board will suffer.

Anyway, thanks for explaining. I guess I've been lucky so far that the few threads I've opened and participated in have been serious in their discussion. The main issue of this board is quite serious - and if juvenile humor takes dominance and becomes the norm, who'll take the board seriously? Seriously.
    Last edited by charito; 10-18-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links