Min. Post requirment to post wares
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Min. Post requirment to post wares within the Site Recommendations, Questions, and Support forums, part of the Site Support, Rules, Guidelines, Suggestions, Changes, Plans category; Just my 2 cents but I think the site should implement some kind of rule or minumal post guide line for posting wares on the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Min. Post requirment to post wares

Just my 2 cents but I think the site should implement some kind of rule or minumal post guide line for posting wares on the site. I know several other forums I frequent require you to have so many non spam post to be able to try and sell your stuff vs having people have there first few post trying to pawn there crap off on someone else. Just throughing this out there as I have not seen this recomended here.
    Fuzzee likes this.

I've seen it done on many forums, but I also don't think its as easy as pushing a few buttons? You basically have to program the forum not to let anyone into the classifieds area until they reach (x) posts but that doesn't prevent a spammer to register, post their wares in the general forum, and then bolt. So is it really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    I've seen it done on many forums, but I also don't think its as easy as pushing a few buttons? You basically have to program the forum not to let anyone into the classifieds area until they reach (x) posts but that doesn't prevent a spammer to register, post their wares in the general forum, and then bolt. So is it really worth it?
    I think so, makes it easer for the mods to delete without question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This forum is so much better than others (I haven't been kicked off this one yet.) the ads you cite have not bothered me yet.

I don't see a problem, there are daily ads but it doesn't distract from the site
    NRA Patron Member
    Platoon Sergent M1 Tank Company (retired)
    Montana sucks, tell your friends

I pretty much ignore anyone who is trying to sell something if they haven't been posting for a while. I'll leave it up to the Mod's to solve this issue if it is one.

WAIT- theres other forums out there?
    In my opinion- which aint nothing but my opinion- the sale area is the sale area, thats what its for, anyone can post there, I guess as long as you register. If someone is jumping in threads, and saying "check out my new latedatie", then yeah they should be smacked around, but Its kinda like a library, if you dont like books, dont go to the library..Or like stripclubs- or the well, nevermind..
    And i wouldn't buy from someone that was "new", without doing some research..I posted on Craigslist That I was willing to help land/ranch owners do labor for hunting rights, and you should see some of the responses I got...PERVERTS and scammers..

I can't see me sending money to an individual who's only post is an item(s) for sale. No history.

It's a shame to, the guy with the first aid supplies has a couple of good deals on some things I wouldn't mind having.

Maybe '762 has more insight than the rest of us. I can see someone programming an algorithm that hits many forums at one time pushing some fraudulent device. So a problem I do not see now might be a bid annoyance in the future. It is worth the operators here keeping in mind.

At the present it really doesn't bother me, now it it becomes to where 98% of post on here are people selling stuff.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links