Being a Christian and recognizing One - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Being a Christian and recognizing One

This is a discussion on Being a Christian and recognizing One within the SHTF in Prophesy forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Annie Well, that's what this board's all about. There's all kinds of places on the net we can go to bicker about ...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Being a Christian and recognizing One

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Well, that's what this board's all about. There's all kinds of places on the net we can go to bicker about religion, if that's what we want.

And the stuff sure is hitting the fan for Christians allover the globe. They're victim souls, I guess. Martyrs. Where does the bible talk about that?

I think the persecution's probably gonna hit us too eventually. I read that 80% of all religious freedom violations in the world today are directed against Christians. So says, International Society For Human Rights, a secular organization. Every five minutes, a Christian is put to death in the world.
    I take exception to your comments as follows:

The board is about many different things to many different people, not what a few want to define it as. This includes both the posters and the many lurkers. I for instance, prepare greatly due to where I believe we are in God's timeline the period known as "Grace". I suspect the hardships that are imminent are worthy of both physical and spiritual preparation.

Bickering? Not I as you will not find me debating here. I have been here a long time, and only speak the truth based on the facts, then I let you decide. Once again in case anyone has missed it before …. decisions have consequences. This includes good decisions, bad decisions, and not making a decision. Always.
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    And I will submit that forcing your beliefs on others, unasked, will drive people away.
    You see, my friend, telling me that I am going to hell if I do not do what you demand is counter productive.
    nobody can force their beliefs on you... they can bring it up, they can talk to you, they can hold signs... but here in America you can walk away. Only those easily offended think that speech equals force

I do not know ONE Christian that tells people they are going to hell for not doing what they demand... Deeds come after acceptance!
    Last edited by Maine-Marine; 06-07-2019 at 04:52 AM.
    stowlin and bigwheel like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    I for instance, prepare greatly due to where I believe we are in God's timeline the period known as "Grace". I suspect the hardships that are imminent are worthy of both physical and spiritual preparation.
    I prep because I see the world starting to Hate believers more and more and I think we are close to the start of the 70th week

The world does not care about those folks that are cultural christian - those that go to church on easter, christmas, weddings and funerals. The world is not bothered by lifestyle christian that think being good is a witness to their faith. The world could care less about the open hearts, open doors, open minds christianity that allows for many paths and things that fly in the face of what Jesus taught

The world hates people that act like and talk like Jesus... the Jesus that toss over tables, whipped people with cords, called the teachers white washed tombs, told Peter to get behind me satan, said the Sadducee where sons of their father the devil, and told people go and SIN NO MORE... the guy who forced his belief on others. the same Jesus that said The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, repent, turn, stop sinning, follow Me (paraphrased)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I always worry about what I say, because if what I say is not true I will be accountable for it some day - but if what I say is true the hearer will be accountable for it

A Watchman, Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Great Commission given by Jesus is to carry the gospel message to all Nations. For your consideration ....

To whom is he instructing? Just the deciples or all Christians?

If there are no willing messengers for God to use as divine appointments, then how is the message to be carried to others?
    bigwheel likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    The Great Commission given by Jesus is to carry the gospel message to all Nations. For your consideration ....

To whom is he instructing? Just the disciples or all Christians?

If there are no willing messengers for God to use as divine appointments, then how is the message to be carried to others?
    BUT, if I just live a good life......

notice it says GO and make.. it does not say be kind to people and wait until they ask you why you are kind
    A Watchman likes this.
    Be a Berean

John 13:35 King James Version (KJV)
    By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

When I am out and about and come across another Christian, it seems as if you just know on a spiritual level that they are too.
    1 Peter 2:24 KJV
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Why? What would be different about you as opposed to a Christian?
    Recall some preacher had a sermon one time called..."If Christianity was against the law..would you get arrested?" When he continued to jabbre on..come to find it he was trying to say we should act more like Christians..I think. Now pretending not to be one might come in handy in some risky situatons...but would tread lightly on that angle. Jesus dont like for folks to deny being some of his kinfolks. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiverGeorge View Post
    John 13:35 King James Version (KJV)
    By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another..
    and to clarify.. this is talking about how Christian love other Christians as family -has nothing to do with those outside the church
    Be a Berean

What is a "good Christian"? :

1) when yo see the old lady trying to get on the bus, with a walker and groceries, and you help her on and off.
    2) when you get change back from a $10 and get money from a $50, then give it back.
    3) When you find a wallet, unlooted and contact the owner, give everything back, and don't accept a reward.
    4) When some poor SOB/woman is getting beaten down, and you save him/her.
    5) When you take in a stray animal, to find a home, or to live with you.
    6) When you take in a stray person, even for a day. People can be harder than animals, sometimes not.
    7)When you hold your anger/spite.
    8) When Humans are not judged by race, color, or creed; but by their actions/deeds, or by your, self
    9) I wont get into 10 Commandments, I'm a sinner like all, and have asked for Lord's Forgiveness.

How is that for a start?

I won't go into bible/comnadments......

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    What is a "good Christian"? :

1) when yo see the old lady trying to get on the bus, with a walker and groceries, and you help her on and off.
    2) when you get change back from a $10 and get money from a $50, then give it back.
    3) When you find a wallet, unlooted and contact the owner, give everything back, and don't accept a reward.
    4) When some poor SOB/woman is getting beaten down, and you save him/her.
    5) When you take in a stray animal, to find a home, or to live with you.
    6) When you take in a stray person, even for a day. People can be harder than animals, sometimes not.
    7)When you hold your anger/spite.
    8) When Humans are not judged by race, color, or creed; but by their actions/deeds, or by your, self
    9) I wont get into 10 Commandments, I'm a sinner like all, and have asked for Lord's Forgiveness.

How is that for a start?

I won't go into bible/comnadments......
    There's nothing wrong with any of this stuff; it's good. But for me worship is something different from all that.

Being a Christian and recognizing One-traditional-latin-mass.jpg
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links