Being a Christian and recognizing One - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Being a Christian and recognizing One

This is a discussion on Being a Christian and recognizing One within the SHTF in Prophesy forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy I've often wondered if there will come a time that certain Christians NOT being "recognized" as a Christian will be a ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Being a Christian and recognizing One

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I've often wondered if there will come a time that certain Christians NOT being "recognized" as a Christian will be a benefit in certain clandestine operations against evil? Undercover Christians?
    That's an interesting question but I'm betting not. I think God wants us straight up and bold against the enemy.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    How will the outside world know you are a follower of Jesus?

How do Christians know/recognize other Christians?

What is Required of a Christian to be a Christian?

Are we allowed to Judge other Christians?

Does saying you are a Christian make you one?

The bible has answers to all those questions..............
    How about we filter this through the premise of
    "if and when the SHTF, how will the outside world know you are a follower of Jesus?" in order to keep it more relevant with regard to the forum. Is that okay?
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    It will be obvious I'm not.
    Why? What would be different about you as opposed to a Christian?
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

How will the outside world know [post SHTF] you are a follower of Jesus?
    You'd rather die than renounce the faith.

How do Christians know/recognize other Christians?
    Not always possible in this world.

What is Required of a Christian to be a Christian?
    Everything.

Are we allowed to Judge other Christians?
    No not the person, but we are allowed--we sometimes need--to judge their actions.

Does saying you are a Christian make you one?
    No.

The bible has answers to all those questions..............
    Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Matthew 5:14-16

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
    I can already be an example to others without being a chest thumping, scripture quoting person.
    My light can shine before others, and if and when they ask why I am as I am, I can tell them of Jesus Christ and what he has done for me.
    After all, I'm just an old sinner, saved by Grace.
    Denton, Inor, Boss Dog and 2 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I can already be an example to others without being a chest thumping, scripture quoting person.
    My light can shine before others, and if and when they ask why I am as I am, I can tell them of Jesus Christ and what he has done for me.

Are you suggesting that people that actually have the nerve to speak to people about Jesus are doing so for their own glory (chest thumping)

and if they quote scripture (God forbid) that is also wrong

There are a lot of NICE people in the word that try the lifestyle evangelism thing...
    https://www.modernday.org/a-biblical...le-evangelism/

I am flabbergasted that a "Christian" would be negative about people that are willing to talk to others about Christ... We are told to pray for MORE people like that..not make it seem like a negative... but if it embarrasses you - there is also a scripture about that
    Be a Berean

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    You remind me of my oldest friend and Army buddy. He didn't drink, cuss or smoke and he didn't judge those of us who did. He simply walked in Jesus' footprints. Because of this, lost souls would come to him, wanting to know what he knew. He went to the military chapel services every Sunday but he was more respected that was the chaplain.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Are you suggesting that people that actually have the nerve to speak to people about Jesus are doing so for their own glory (chest thumping)

and if they quote scripture (God forbid) that is also wrong

There are a lot of NICE people in the word that try the lifestyle evangelism thing...
    https://www.modernday.org/a-biblical...le-evangelism/

I am flabbergasted that a "Christian" would be negative about people that are willing to talk to others about Christ... We are told to pray for MORE people like that..not make it seem like a negative... but if it embarrasses you - there is also a scripture about that
    And I will submit that forcing your beliefs on others, unasked, will drive people away.
    You see, my friend, telling me that I am going to hell if I do not do what you demand is counter productive.
    Inor, inceptor and stevekozak like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    How about we filter this through the premise of
    "if and when the SHTF, how will the outside world know you are a follower of Jesus?" in order to keep it more relevant with regard to the forum. Is that okay?
    The premise of the question is relevant and not dependent on a perception of the forum's single faceted role.

God created Man (all of us) in his image so that he could have a personal relationship with us. Without him in our lives we are not whole. Since Man was separated by his own sin (actions in contrast to God's perfect and just nature) from this intended relationship, his purpose in this world is now to accept God's gift of salvation and redemption …. and to lead or show others the way to the same restoration of a personal relationship.

While we all may have an individual methodology of communicating his Word or message, it's not about the messenger specific actions but rather his willingness to be a vessel that God can use to speak to people himself. God prepares the path and the intended hearts, we simply must be willing to share the light of his message.

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    Inor and stevekozak like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    The premise of the question is relevant and not dependent on a perception of the forum's single faceted role.

God created Man (all of us) in his image so that he could have a personal relationship with us. Without him in our lives we are not whole. Since Man was separated by his own sin (actions in contrast to God's perfect and just nature) from this intended relationship, his purpose in this world is now to accept God's gift of salvation and redemption …. and to lead or show others the way to the same restoration of a personal relationship.

While we all may have an individual methodology of communicating his Word or message, it's not about the messenger specific actions but rather his willingness to be a vessel that God can use to speak to people himself. God prepares the path and the intended hearts, we simply must be willing to share the light of his message.

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    Well, that's what this board's all about. There's all kinds of places on the net we can go to bicker about religion, if that's what we want.

And the stuff sure is hitting the fan for Christians allover the globe. They're victim souls, I guess. Martyrs. Where does the bible talk about that?

I think the persecution's probably gonna hit us too eventually. I read that 80% of all religious freedom violations in the world today are directed against Christians. So says, International Society For Human Rights, a secular organization. Every five minutes, a Christian is put to death in the world.
    Denton likes this.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links