Being a Christian and recognizing One - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Being a Christian and recognizing One

This is a discussion on Being a Christian and recognizing One within the SHTF in Prophesy forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Annie @ Maine-Marine ,What's that in your avatar? Off topic, I know but can't help wondering. Military ribbons...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Being a Christian and recognizing One

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    @Maine-Marine ,What's that in your avatar? Off topic, I know but can't help wondering.
    Military ribbons
    Annie likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    you are creating the weeds

no, I was asking questions

no, and I never made that claim. HOWEVER, the leader of our faith and God of the universe tells us NOT TO FORESAKE the assemblying toegether... SO those people that are not part of a church Body are in disobedience.. they are not sharing their gifts nor are they being discipled.

how are they better.. or are you saying they are GOOD people.. kind friendly, helpful, considerate??? or are they bringing people to Christ and teaching them in their homes. Are tehy making disciples, or are they just nice people

if your claim that they are better because they are nicer... nicer and being good does not = being a christian. So tell me how these people you personally know are better then church going people that are following Jesus.

if they are having a home group then that is a church... church is not a building... church is a group of like minded followers who meet to praise God and follow him

BEING BORN AGAIN, repenting, Dying to self, Loving God and Neighbors....

He actually came for the lost sheep of Israel and to Glorify his Father.. our Job is to obey his commands....

are the people you know that are better then most church folks hanging out with hookers. are you hanging out with hookers. when is the last time you spoke with somebody ... in person about Jesus
    You have answered both of my questions. Thank-you.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

The Good Cop

Military ribbons
    The one on the top looks like the Army Commendation Medal. Same colors/pattern for Marines?
    (the rest of them are past my time)
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, RPD, I should add that even bikers have "internal classes" and specialized patches to trumpet their status.

The Madison CC Riders are such a motorcycle club, and I wear the proud patch of the "Pork Patrol."

For those members here who are afraid of big motorcycles, consider that patch a "Congressional Medal of Dishonor."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The one on the top looks like the Army Commendation Medal. Same colors/pattern for Marines?
    (the rest of them are past my time)
    I did 12 years in the Marine Corps and 9 in the Army National Guard.. That is the Army Comm.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Be a Berean

My kids know they are 3rd

God
    Wife
    Kids
    I've been just reading along here with great interest and not trying to get into any more of the discussion, but this stood out to me. Does your wife know that you put her before your kiddos (I don't know how old your children are, are they still actual children?). Does she feel the same way? This is curious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Being a knife nut I was amazed at the first use of copper to protect steel blades from rust and corrosion. It seems I am a "crowd of one." No sooner did I update all of my larger Boker Kalashnikov 74 switchblades over to their copper plated cousins that the price started to drop faster than Denton's prom date dreams--and that's pretty fast!

Fortunately, I also placed my order for their miniature sized copper folders. It is my practice to put the "fighting switchblade" into my right hand pocket, and the smaller version in my left side pocket. My wife always says she has a knife, prefers the the smaller size, and because she's left-handed, filches my smaller knife on that side...

I think the "copper phase" failed because the blades don't look like 'steel.' This is an unwise choice if you live in places like my Wisconsin where rain and snow is a seasonal and regular happening. The knives in your pocket get soaked.

I have also rubbed down my copper folders with a very soft rag and a slight few drops of Butcher Block Oil to further resist corrosion. These little knives are just as sharp as their big brothers. And as a further benefit, the libtards won't all panic and faint if you pull out one of these little guys to snip a loose thread.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

Attachment 98457

Attachment 98459
    To make this post fit into this subforum: "And so it was written, The Tourist shall wisely insert photos of knives into all threads, heedless of content, as it is said to be good. And it was good. " Or something....
    A Watchman likes this.

Well, each of us--if we're dedicated preppers--brings knowledge to the table for the benefit of others. Annie brings up issues on food prep. RPD reminds us of the political entanglements of our government gone wrong, as he points out "everything old is new again."

Even Yavanna has taught me that there are valuable people beyond my doorstep with ideas and concerns I had never considered. All these things make a better people, and hopefully stronger.

Two weeks ago I didn't know what a Pilar folder was, now I see its benefits for safety, security, medical use, and durability. Every scrap of information helps us.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I've been just reading along here with great interest and not trying to get into any more of the discussion, but this stood out to me. Does your wife know that you put her before your kiddos (I don't know how old your children are, are they still actual children?). Does she feel the same way? This is curious to me.
    my kids are 29, 27, 26, 10, 8, and 7

Yes, she knows...

The wife and I started this family, we are the center and the foundation. We will be together after the kids are gone. We set an example for them

the kids will grow up, move out, get married, etc

you might try to make it seem like them being third behind my wife (God, Wife, Kids)is a big deal, it is not.

people will wont to see it like God......................................Wife..... .................................................. .................................................. ..Kids

it is not

it is like God.....................Wife.kids

it is like they are 2B behind my wife as 2A

if you ask my kids who the boss/in charge person is they will tell you that Dad is...followed closely by mom

so, ya.. my kids are loved, cared for, cherished, but their mother is more important to me then they are

I would also like to make this point...we are raising adults not children . someday they will have a spouse and their spouse will be more important to them then we are... If we have done our jobs right!

does that explain things better
    Boss Dog likes this.
    Be a Berean

As it should be M-M. God first, if you keep him there things will begin to fall in place the way they should.
    You marry your spouse for life, you raise your kids to love God and become productive adults.
    Eventually the kids will move on to their own lives. Your spouse will (hopefully) still be there long after.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Sponsored Links