Being a Christian and recognizing One - Page 12
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Being a Christian and recognizing One

This is a discussion on Being a Christian and recognizing One within the SHTF in Prophesy forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Annie Well obviously you're not going to pull the last PB&J out of your child's mouth. That's exactly what I'm talking about. ...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Being a Christian and recognizing One

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Well obviously you're not going to pull the last PB&J out of your child's mouth. That's exactly what I'm talking about. No straw man needed there. But at the end of the day it's hard to have a discussion with somebody who already knows everything. So there you go. My bad.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
    If all I had left was a jar of peanut butter and some bread.. I would share that with my neighbors...

I would not pull a sandwich from my kids mouth, but I would share my last little bit of food... Why because I trust God

Do you really think I know everything? or are you bothered that I am taking a stance on biblical principal and willing to put myself in a position to suffer based on my beliefs.

“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience” (v. 2).
    - James 1:2–8

John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
    52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Foxe's Book of Martyrs is an interesting read
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Not sure and certainly don't want to start a "trib" war here, . . . but just as a comment: the pre-trib thought pattern has zero, . . . nein, . . . nada, . . . backing in the scriptures.
    May God bless,
    Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    You know I disagree with you since we have had the discussion (friendly of course) before

I am Pre-Wrath, so we are closer in thought then the OTHER GUYS
    FOR EVERYBODY else -DWIGHT has a book written about the end times. it is well written and well thought out...

I'll sound a word of caution to all of us...
    I am not convinced that this once great Republic will not fall on dire times and a SHTF existence before any of us pre/mid/or post tribbers get to see the perfection of God's timing and his return. Prepare both spiritually and physically for his return now …. whenever he may fulfill his promise.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Do you really think I know everything? or are you bothered that I am taking a stance on biblical principal and willing to put myself in a position to suffer based on my beliefs.
    I'm bothered and worried for you, because it sounds like you're willing to allow your kids to be on the same level as the rest of the congregation. If it were just you without a wife or kids, I'd say, "Wow, that's pretty courageous if you can do it, go for it. Be like a St. Maximillian Kolby who sacrificed so others could live in the concentration camp in WWII." But you have a special vocation: its to your wife and kids. They come first. Be sure to let them know they're first--or second actually--after God.

John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
    52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
    “Domine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanabitur anima mea.”

"Lord I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but only say the words and my soul shall be healed."
    Last edited by Annie; 06-11-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Denton and Inor like this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

are you suggesting that there is no gathering of the saints???? that we are all just an island unto ourselves??? the disciples were sent out 2 x 2.

AND my life will never ever draw people to Jesus... only Jesus will do that... If I was drawing them the first time I screwed up they would leave

You infer I was "looking for my your own recognition".. while if you were not being argumentative and trying to get my upset by false accusing you would see it was a general question

why is it important.. here is why.... want to take over a church.... get 20 or 30 folks to start attending a church, become members, start voting in each other as elders, as deacons, on the board... get a wishy washy pastor and you can have a luke warm church in less then 3 years

So... unless we as the body can judge who is and who is not a Follower.. we run the risk of ending up like many church that are now allowing all sorts of things inside. The denomination I attend requires classes and agreement on certain doctrines in order to be members... you can also be expelled as a member (anybody can attend service, dinners, get help.... but you have to be a member to vote)

In a recent bible study (which caused this thread) an elder said to me that we are not suppose to judge... he was pretty solid on us not judging anybody for anything... I explained that we are to judge those in the church or claiming to be Followers.. we are NOT to judge outsiders/// (1 Corinthians 5:12 if you have heartburn with that)

see in the end times Mark 13:12 And brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death.

this is why it will be important to KNOW.

iron sharpens iron... only if you rub them together.... of course some folks are opposed to any discussion of religion ..because it is uncomfortable
    I see this debate is getting lost in the weeds. So let me frame it differently...

Was your original post on this thread asking how you form and keep a church after SHTF? Or was it more related to you maintaining and growing your personal Christianity? (I'll re-post your original post here so we can maybe get back on track.)

How will the outside world know you are a follower of Jesus?

How do Christians know/recognize other Christians?

What is Required of a Christian to be a Christian?

Are we allowed to Judge other Christians?

Does saying you are a Christian make you one?

The bible has answers to all those questions..............
    Being a member of a church is NOT the same as being a Christian. I know lots of people that go to church regularly, can quote scripture (albeit inaccurately) and are no more Christian than my pet rock.

I know a lot of others that have not stepped through the door of a church in 30 years and are better Christians than I (or the current pope) could ever hope to be.

So again, I go back to the question: Why is it so important to you to recognize and be recognized by other Christians? (Hint: It is a perfectly reasonable answer to say that you just want to be around people that share your beliefs and passion for Lord. That is a position I do not really understand, which why I am so adamant on following it up.)

My own understanding of Christianity is that I am tasked with living my life as much like Christ as I can. When Jesus walked the earth, He was not hanging out with the "good guys". He was hanging out with hookers and lepers and highwaymen. In His words, He was a "fisher of men" to bring them back to God. Is that not what we are ultimately tasked to do?
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Everybody just chill out, and come get some encouragement... here
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I see this debate is getting lost in the weeds.
    you are creating the weeds

Was your original post on this thread asking how you form and keep a church after SHTF? Or was it more related to you maintaining and growing your personal Christianity?
    no, I was asking questions

Being a member of a church is NOT the same as being a Christian.
    no, and I never made that claim. HOWEVER, the leader of our faith and God of the universe tells us NOT TO FORESAKE the assemblying toegether... SO those people that are not part of a church Body are in disobedience.. they are not sharing their gifts nor are they being discipled.

I know a lot of others that have not stepped through the door of a church in 30 years and are better Christians than I (or the current pope) could ever hope to be.
    how are they better.. or are you saying they are GOOD people.. kind friendly, helpful, considerate??? or are they bringing people to Christ and teaching them in their homes. Are tehy making disciples, or are they just nice people

if your claim that they are better because they are nicer... nicer and being good does not = being a christian. So tell me how these people you personally know are better then church going people that are following Jesus.

if they are having a home group then that is a church... church is not a building... church is a group of like minded followers who meet to praise God and follow him

My own understanding of Christianity is that I am tasked with living my life as much like Christ as I can.
    BEING BORN AGAIN, repenting, Dying to self, Loving God and Neighbors....

He was hanging out with hookers and lepers and highwaymen. In His words, He was a "fisher of men" to bring them back to God. Is that not what we are ultimately tasked to do?
    He actually came for the lost sheep of Israel and to Glorify his Father.. our Job is to obey his commands....

are the people you know that are better then most church folks hanging out with hookers. are you hanging out with hookers. when is the last time you spoke with somebody ... in person about Jesus
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I'm bothered and worried for you, because it sounds like you're willing to allow your kids to be on the same level as the rest of the congregation. If it were just you without a wife or kids, I'd say, "Wow, that's pretty courageous if you can do it, go for it. Be like a St. Maximillian Kolby who sacrificed so others could live in the concentration camp in WWII." But you have a special vocation: its to your wife and kids. They come first. Be sure to let them know they're first--or second actually--after God.

“Domine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanabitur anima mea.”

"Lord I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but only say the words and my soul shall be healed."
    I'm bothered and worried for you, because it sounds like you're willing to allow people to starve and do not trust God enough to love your neighbor.

The widow in the bible feed the prophet the last of her flour and oil even though she had a son.

Jame 2
    14What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you tells him, “Go in peace; stay warm and well fed,” but does not provide for his physical needs, what good is that? 17So too, faith by itself, if it is not complemented by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, “You have faith and I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19You believe that God is one.e Good for you! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20O foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is worthless?f 21Was not our father Abraham justified by what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did. 23And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”g and he was called a friend of God. 24As you can see, a man is justified by his deeds and not by faith alone.

My kids know they are 3rd

God
    Wife
    Kids
    Be a Berean

Super Moderator

@Maine-Marine ,What's that in your avatar? Off topic, I know but can't help wondering.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

I got this one, Annie.

Those are the flags of the countries my relatives have been thrown out of. You'll notice the "stars and stripes" are not yet there...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Copper coating is now on our smaller automatic knives.

Being a knife nut I was amazed at the first use of copper to protect steel blades from rust and corrosion. It seems I am a "crowd of one." No sooner did I update all of my larger Boker Kalashnikov 74 switchblades over to their copper plated cousins that the price started to drop faster than Denton's prom date dreams--and that's pretty fast!

Fortunately, I also placed my order for their miniature sized copper folders. It is my practice to put the "fighting switchblade" into my right hand pocket, and the smaller version in my left side pocket. My wife always says she has a knife, prefers the the smaller size, and because she's left-handed, filches my smaller knife on that side...

I think the "copper phase" failed because the blades don't look like 'steel.' This is an unwise choice if you live in places like my Wisconsin where rain and snow is a seasonal and regular happening. The knives in your pocket get soaked.

I have also rubbed down my copper folders with a very soft rag and a slight few drops of Butcher Block Oil to further resist corrosion. These little knives are just as sharp as their big brothers. And as a further benefit, the libtards won't all panic and faint if you pull out one of these little guys to snip a loose thread.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

Being a Christian and recognizing One-dsc02677.jpg

Being a Christian and recognizing One-dsc02678.jpg
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Sponsored Links