Amazon Doesn’t Just Want to Dominate the Market—It Wants to Become the Market
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Amazon Doesn’t Just Want to Dominate the Market—It Wants to Become the Market within the SHTF in Prophesy forums, part of the General Discussion category; This article had me thinking about the potential of having one huge monopoly in which everything is bought and sold. Does that remind you of ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Amazon Doesn’t Just Want to Dominate the Market—It Wants to Become the Market

Super Moderator

This article had me thinking about the potential of having one huge monopoly in which everything is bought and sold. Does that remind you of anything? Perhaps like the mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation? They're undercutting their competition by selling items at a loss in order to put the little guys out of business. I've bought tons of stuff on Amazon, I even have the Prime membership. It's so convenient. but I'm thinking maybe I need to be rethinking that...

The company is a radically new kind of monopoly with ambitions that dwarf those of earlier empires.
    By Stacy Mitchell
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Yep, Amazon is a monopoly that needs to be busted up like Google.
    Denton, Annie, Smitty901 and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Amazon is a great business model and the fact someone hasn't copied it and given them some competition makes me wonder why.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Denton, Inor, RedLion and 3 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Amazon is a great business model and the fact someone hasn't copied it and given them some competition makes me wonder why.

Remember when all they sold were books? Now look at them.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

I avoid google all I can and I do not shop Amazon
    RedLion and dwight55 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

Someone has.
    Alibaba has taken the Amazon model and opened it to the East.
    With the gigantic market that site holds in the technology areas, it is a strong competitor with Amazon. Unfortunately, their sellers are often offering cheap products at cheap prices, so it builds a negative connotation. However, there are still plenty of good sellers there. If you're willing to wait 3 weeks for an item to arrive, you can save some serious money.

I've not seen anything too nefarious from Amazon yet. It is true, they want to be a marketplace, but they are still open to all kinds of competition within that marketplace. I don't see much favoritism being played between sellers. If they can keep a level playing field where the market sets the price of goods, I'm on board with it.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Any time I want to buy something-- I look for a source other than Amazon!
    I do not like what Bezos is trying to do!!

maybe Amazon got the idea from kwiktrip. Don't see any mom and pop corner stores anymore. We've been hoodwinked for a long time. Same with Walmart.
    inceptor likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

The are headed to be the next Telephone company. Some of us remember when it Ma Bell controlled all phone calls.
    jimb1972 and dwight55 like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

I can’t help but shop there, it’s too convenient.
    Lunatic Wrench and inceptor like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links