UTAS 12 ga - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UTAS 12 ga

This is a discussion on UTAS 12 ga within the Shotguns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 The M4's I refer to were issue weapons . Issue weapons are not always used in prefect conditions. Trust me, I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: UTAS 12 ga

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The M4's I refer to were issue weapons . Issue weapons are not always used in prefect conditions.
    Trust me, I get it...I was a cop for 30 years. I know all about the condition of a lot of issued gear. I always bought my own. I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and 3Gun, and beat the ever loving shit out of my guns. My match pistol usually hits at least 50,000 rounds in a season, the AR about 10,000 in matches, and the shotgun...closer to 5,000. Add training, practice, and teaching...they hit a lot more. My Benelli M4 ran a whole season with no issues at all...I tried to love it...but couldn't. In a lot of ways, my favorite shotgun is still a Remington 870 or a Winchester 1200.
    Last edited by Ken S LaTrans; 07-24-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    StratMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken S LaTrans View Post
    Trust me, I get it...I was a cop for 30 years. I know all about the condition of a lot of issued gear. I always bought my own. I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and 3Gun, and beat the ever loving shit out of my guns. My match pistol usually hits at least 50,000 rounds in a season, the AR about 10,000 in matches, and the shotgun...closer to 5,000. Add training, practice, and teaching...they hit a lot more. My Benelli M4 ran a whole season with no issues at all...I tried to love it...but couldn't. In a lot of ways, my favorite shotgun is still a Remington 870 or a Winchester 1100.
    We had them in issue Army. Of course we really did not use Shot guns all That much. They had their issues in harsh environments.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Trust me, I get it...I was a cop for 30 years. I know all about the condition of a lot of issued gear. I always bought my own. I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and 3Gun, and beat the ever loving shit out of my guns. My match pistol usually hits at least 50,000 rounds in a season, the AR about 10,000 in matches, and the shotgun...closer to 5,000. Add training, practice, and teaching...they hit a lot more. My Benelli M4 ran a whole season with no issues at all...I tried to love it...but couldn't. In a lot of ways, my favorite shotgun is still a Remington 870 or a Winchester 1100.
    I had a Benelli M4 as well, and also tried to love it: everyone speaks so highly of them. Never felt good in my hands. I like shotguns, and have 500's, 870's, and even an H&K. But I got rid of the Benelli.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I had a Benelli M4 as well, and also tried to love it: everyone speaks so highly of them. Never felt good in my hands. I like shotguns, and have 500's, 870's, and even an H&K. But I got rid of the Benelli.
    The reality is, like Ford, Chevy, Dodge...they will all do the job, it's just that we all have our favorites and preferences based on "our own thing" that makes them right or wrong for us.

I never felt the need for a pistol grip on a shotgun. In fact, for cruiser use...it tended to get in the way when it was in the long gun rack next to the AR. The Remington with the hard wood stock always "felt" like an old friend and it ran like an ape with its ass on fire, especially once I opened the gas ports .001" and it would function with low brass. At the same time, I worked with guys who preferred the Mossy 590A. Different strokes. The UTAS may turn out a winner, but I will reserve judgment until I see a lot more of them on the 3Gun ranges getting beat on like we beat on all our guns.
    StratMaster likes this.

The reality is, like Ford, Chevy, Dodge...they will all do the job, it's just that we all have our favorites and preferences based on "our own thing" that makes them right or wrong for us.

I never felt the need for a pistol grip on a shotgun. In fact, for cruiser use...it tended to get in the way when it was in the long gun rack next to the AR. The Remington with the hard wood stock always "felt" like an old friend and it ran like an ape with its ass on fire, especially once I opened the gas ports .001" and it would function with low brass. At the same time, I worked with guys who preferred the Mossy 590A. Different strokes. The UTAS may turn out a winner, but I will reserve judgment until I see a lot more of them on the 3Gun ranges getting beat on like we beat on all our guns.
    It just didn't have that old friend persona like, for example, the old High Standard riot gun we have. Feels warm in the hands, looks sexy as he!!, and fits the hands and shoulders like a glove. Maybe I'm getting old, but I like it better.
    Ken S LaTrans likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Son in law has been shoot the heck out of it No issues. It can't be to had to handle 10 year old grandson has been shooting it
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. BTW didn’t meant to call you shorty, autocorrect error.

Trust me, I get it...I was a cop for 30 years. I know all about the condition of a lot of issued gear. I always bought my own. I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and 3Gun, and beat the ever loving shit out of my guns. My match pistol usually hits at least 50,000 rounds in a season, the AR about 10,000 in matches, and the shotgun...closer to 5,000. Add training, practice, and teaching...they hit a lot more. My Benelli M4 ran a whole season with no issues at all...I tried to love it...but couldn't. In a lot of ways, my favorite shotgun is still a Remington 870 or a Winchester 1200.

you're a real life example of the point I always try to make when some newbie asks for gun advice >>> invariably someone pops up "Maverick 88" - followed by "Mossberg 500" and even a $150 Hatsan >>>>> all OK if you're looking at a closet queen that'll sit waiting for that bump in the middle of the nite to turn into a self defense need ...

but this is a prepper site >>> looking at weapons that just could be EDC 24/7/365 - not only for the remainder of your life - but needs to be handed down to the next generation ...

when you talk shotgun durability & dependability - look to what the regular/professional trapshooters use - check brand/models for the pumps & autoloaders out there ...
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy Jenkins View Post
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. BTW didn’t meant to call you shorty, autocorrect error.
    No problem I am nit thin skinned
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links