Bedside Mossberg 500 20 gauge persuader - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bedside Mossberg 500 20 gauge persuader

This is a discussion on Bedside Mossberg 500 20 gauge persuader within the Shotguns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I'll just reach and get it. It's that close. I have a handgun to Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Bedside Mossberg 500 20 gauge persuader

I'll just reach and get it. It's that close. I have a handgun to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmer1 View Post
    Is it worth considering how Y'all are going to make the trip to the corner by the bed, if there is an opponent to overcome within that space? Sleep is something that exposes the weakness within all our best laid plans. JMHO.

Yet you reply without striking the like key on your taptalk, so perhaps it's better that I allow you to live within your own paradigm. Now if I'm standing at the end of Y'alls bed, making the trip to the corner of the bed may have a more menacing meaning. But it's not of your conception. So till the day I come between your plan and reality, God Bless You & Your Family. Y'alls bedside manner works till it fails. JMHO.
    Im not gonna lose sleep over it. Law enforcement is what I do for a living and ive been at it for nearly 10 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would place any amount of money that you wouldn't get that far into most the people here's home before being fired upon regardless you live in your world an I live in mine to each his own.
    Swimmer1, SGG and rice paddy daddy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

175 feet away I could hear a roach walking on the kitchen countertop in a dead sleep after I came Home from a Combat Tour. Yet I had a confrontation with a perpetrator at the end of my bed. I'm still here to discuss it, so I think it went my way? So 23 years after doing 23 years perhaps I could recommend that you sleep a little lighter if you intend to protect your Family against the folks that menaced me at the end of the bed. But sleep tight, there ain't no Bad Bed Bugs that bite the family members of Law Enforcement Nowadays. Vigilance, it extracts a price. Pay the price or reap the sorrow. JMHO.
    RubberDuck likes this.

Sure this is bedside defense?

A cocked and locked 1911 with Tritium Night Sights on the headboard probably has a faster response time to a varmint at the end of the bed?

Perhaps a more passive system (Tritium Night Sights) with less positionally divilguging tactics would be more beneficial once you slip from beneath the covers when things go bump in the night? JMHO.

It's your Castle you should know it best, why tell intruders where your at?
    Ten four on that. If there is booger chasing that needs doing in close quarters I would choose a handgun any old day. My forty stays beside my head at night on the book case thing and the .12 pump is cased up discretely near the front door and ready for a shuck..the NAA .22 is in my pocket during all waking hours. Course the forty gets strapped on on trips off site. Thats bound to be the right way to do home defense or I wouldnt be doing it like that..most likely. lol.
    Swimmer1 and RubberDuck like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Ten four on that. If there is booger chasing that needs doing in close quarters I would choose a handgun any old day. My forty stays beside my head at night on the book case thing and the .12 pump is cased up discretely near the front door and ready for a shuck..the NAA .22 is in my pocket during all waking hours. Course the forty gets strapped on on trips off site. Thats bound to be the right way to do home defense or I wouldnt be doing it like that..most likely. lol.
    I understand that these things might happen. Perhaps it's time that I reveal that these things have happened and I've dealt with and am speaking from the point of view of History instead of conjecture, but what I've succeeded in doing isn't what Y'all need to do in order to succeed! So what are Y'all going to do to succeed! ??????????
    bigwheel likes this.

Thanks for your Service. I bet dear old Uncle Slippy will think twice about trying to trick such an experienced and seasoned pro to pull his finger.
    SGG and Swimmer1 like this.

Banned

The Fart Gun ain't cyclically what it once was, but the effectiveness is better than it used to be. LOL

The Good Cop

My dogs tell me whenever ANYTHING is on the property, even an armadillo.
    No way a person will even make it into the house, let along into the bedroom.

I'm perfectly comfortable with a 20 ga double barrel leaning up near the bed.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 03-16-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    SGG, RedLion and Annie like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

175 feet away I could hear a roach walking on the kitchen countertop in a dead sleep after I came Home from a Combat Tour. Yet I had a confrontation with a perpetrator at the end of my bed. I'm still here to discuss it, so I think it went my way? So 23 years after doing 23 years perhaps I could recommend that you sleep a little lighter if you intend to protect your Family against the folks that menaced me at the end of the bed. But sleep tight, there ain't no Bad Bed Bugs that bite the family members of Law Enforcement Nowadays. Vigilance, it extracts a price. Pay the price or reap the sorrow. JMHO.
    What kind of combat tour was that?
    My ears have been ringing for 50 years, plus the VA says my hearing loss is "severe" on top of that.
    Swimmer1 and stevekozak like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links