a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

This is a discussion on a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. within the Shotguns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Me personally, I love shotguns. My first weapon was a Mossberg 500 12 ga. I use it for long trips into anti black rifle states. ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

Me personally, I love shotguns. My first weapon was a Mossberg 500 12 ga. I use it for long trips into anti black rifle states. At home, it stays in the safe but I keep my 590 Shockwave in a hidden central location because it's easier to hide.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    They are out of sight, but within reach, there is apx. 8 guns in each room, 4 handguns and 4 long guns,
    the balance along with the machine guns are in the heavy safes, a lot of guns.
    A lot because that was my business for 50 years, each pallet contains one ton of ammunition, calibers are equally distributed between the pallets.
    A problem I have here that few on here have is that I am an FFL holder, and people around know there are guns here, both good and bad people do.
    My go to the door at night is with a Smith 44 mag. and or a S&W 1911, daughter gives backup with an M1A1 carbine or her 1187.
    I have an AK right around the corner if it escalates to that point and I am not dead.
    That's a lot of responsibility, and I'm sure you know that.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Fool.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Rut row. Sounds we got a real prepper aorund here.

I sleep with the trigger lock key around my neck. From a dead sleep when the dogs bark at.....whatever the hell it is this time...I can be up and ready in just a few seconds. Everything else is locked in a safe. If it's zombies I guess I'm screwed.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I sleep with the trigger lock key around my neck. From a dead sleep when the dogs bark at.....whatever the hell it is this time...I can be up and ready in just a few seconds. Everything else is locked in a safe. If it's zombies I guess I'm screwed.
    Kind of goes like this. Middle of the night Dog raising heck someone in the house. I sit up slip my pants on pick up my hand gun let wife i know I will be right back. Then go in and see who dog is eating.
    bigwheel and SOCOM42 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

I've got a dog like that. He's a husky shepherd mix and lets me know when things go bump in the night. There's something to be said for a dog with a nervous temperament because they make the best watchdogs.
    inceptor and Smitty901 like this.

We have two pitbulls. Babies really but when something goes bump in the night I have every confidence that they will respond appropriately. They are in point of fact somewhat unpredictable around strangers.
    Annie likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Dogs are excellent crime prevention tools...most likely the best for burglaries according what most of the burglars say in prison intervies...course some folks dont know that and nobody will tell em cause the insurance companies pay out big bucks each year on dog bite claims..so its a big secret. The prison interviews did not indicate the size of the dog mattered much. Yapping ankle biters are useful too.
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    We have two pitbulls. Babies really but when something goes bump in the night I have every confidence that they will respond appropriately. They are in point of fact somewhat unpredictable around strangers.
    When applying for homeowners insurance I was asked twice if my dog was a pitbull... Take my word, they're not covered.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links