a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

This is a discussion on a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. within the Shotguns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by WhatTheHeck Sir, never in a dirty glass. Do not disrespect the drink. Hey now..thats how John Wayne drank it..supposedly. Should be good ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHeck View Post
    Sir, never in a dirty glass.

Do not disrespect the drink.
    Hey now..thats how John Wayne drank it..supposedly. Should be good enough for wee uns lol.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    He just assumes that everyone else is stupid.

He has yet to show me he has any intelligence at all.
    The young man met mr. Twit fillter quite a while back.
    inceptor likes this.

Thanks for the advice Chiefster. I appreciate your warning.

This has been discussed by our group which approved my postings.

All of our sites never reveal our location except for our county/city. All mention as to hints of location are red herrings.
    No pictures giving Geo-location are posted anywhere. No contact information leads anywhere except to the county/city.
    The domain names lead nowhere. The property is in an unknown person's name.

There are no books or other guides to accomplishing what we did. Therefore, to mitigate suffering of others, we decided to share what we did, be it right or wrong.
    When you make it across the checker board you turn around and help others.

Who knows, perhaps a reader here may order one shotgun alarm for his front porch. I realize that's not as manly as running into the breach with a long gun but it gets the job done for a family man.

Our Website: PensacolaPreppers.us
    Last edited by jimcosta; 08-19-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Name:  Win 12 gauge...719007488.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  28.4 KB
    It's no wonder that the OP was banned, because when I think of a fighting gun, I think of something like this. The Winchester Super X Pump, with a Dark Earth finish.
    It costs about $300 at Buds, and IMHO, anyone who would not consider a shotgun like this, is a lightweight, know-nothing.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 08-19-2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: To correct a spelling error.
    inceptor likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

My 12 ga. Mossberg 500 is by far and away the most versatile gun I have. I can shoot everything from bear bangers to slugs and everything in between. I can hunt doves, deer, bears (Grizzly and black) rabbits, turkey, coyotes, everything. It is also my choice of home defender. .00 buck or 4 shot in the magazine is more than adequate. .22 is great for small game and varmints, that's about it in my book.
    Annie and Slippy like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Good-- do not get a shotgun
    The herd needs to be thinned quickly--
    bigwheel and phrogman like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    My 12 ga. Mossberg 500 is by far and away the most versatile gun I have. I can shoot everything from bear bangers to slugs and everything in between. I can hunt doves, deer, bears (Grizzly and black) rabbits, turkey, coyotes, everything. It is also my choice of home defender. .00 buck or 4 shot in the magazine is more than adequate. .22 is great for small game and varmints, that's about it in my book.
    That's a wonderful firearm for shtf. But if something happens fast--and most bad things do--who has time to go running to a gun safe? I like my handgun best for that reason alone.
    inceptor likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

My dear old Maverick 88 sits in a soft case just inside the front and requires one shuck to be ready to rumble. with a couple of #4 bird shot and fishing off with double naught buck and the little .22 mouse gun is always in my pocket excpet in the shower and sleeping
    inceptor, Slippy and Smitty901 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Jim! Assuming you are truthful:
    You have given us your name and your location in Florida. Now you are broadcasting to the public the details of your group’s defensive measures. From this data any competent internet geek can probably gather a whole lot of info on you and yours, and probably your retreat property. Did you ever hear of OPSEC?
    Anybody ever think that @jimcosta may actually be @Chiefster23 and this is just a ploy to throw everyone off the scent trail? Maybe @bigwheel is part of this whole hoax as well. And speaking of hoax's has anyone seen @Mish and @Slippy at the same time...HMMMM?

My Winchester mod. 12, 12 ga. riot sits in the back of my Cherokee at all times with 100 rounds of 00 with it in 4 bando's.
    That is my get out of the city if need be gun, it is cheap, and not politically incorrect.
    If there is tension in the city and I have to go in there an AK version will replace the mod. 12, and with 10 loaded mags for it.
    For all else I will take a rifle, AK or AR will do, for serious work a M14 or M1 Garand is called for with AP.
    I am good with a rifle, my still being here is testimony to that, albeit a bit slower.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links