a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

This is a discussion on a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. within the Shotguns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Why am I shooting at someone behind cover? So the tree or what ever cover can eat my ammo? If I have cover let them ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

Why am I shooting at someone behind cover? So the tree or what ever cover can eat my ammo? If I have cover let them make noise as long as I know where they are I do not care.

Don't know about you but I have taken deer, rabbits and used a shot gun with a slug to harvest a cow when I did not have access to anything but a pump 12 gauge shot gun.

How much hunting have you done?
    Denton, Slippy and Bigfoot63 like this.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

I'm noticing a pattern with this member.
    A bit overzealous (not necessarily a bad thing), but constantly one-posts a new thread and then abandons it completely. He never defends his position when called to task, nor responds in kind if he learned something new.
    The bit is getting old.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

His post also assumes that you are going to sit still behind cover while hostiles maneuver on you. That is just a couple of the many assumptions have pointed out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Ladies and gentlemen,
    If I may, Okey and his various other incarnations on other forums, highlights the survivalist mentality.
    And all their shortcomings.

His posts illustrate the degree of their warped, twisted mentality.
    Would you want this person as your neighbor?
    Likely not.

So.
    Read his posts with a degree of entertainment value in mind.
    But there are those out there who actually believe it.
    inceptor and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHeck View Post
    But there are those out there who actually believe it.
    There are those out there that will believe anything. Simply because they refuse to do their own research. Sheeple.
    WhatTheHeck, Denton and Bigfoot63 like this.

Shotguns are for upclose and personal. They also put food on the table. They have their uses and are a preferred fire arm at times. If you do not like it, do not use it. Just a tool in the tool box. I like options. If you only have a hammer, everything had better be a nail.
    Last edited by Camel923; 09-16-2018 at 09:57 PM.
    Denton and StratMaster like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Shotguns are for upclose and personal. They also put food on the table. They have there uses and are a preferred fire arm at times. If you do not like it, do not use it. Just a tool in the tool box. I like options. If you only have a hammer, everything had better be a nail.
    I'm not a shotgun fan, but they have a purpose for some. Not me, but for some.
    I do have a shotgun, and it has slugs in the tube. They'll travel further than the up close and personal distance, and I am good with that weapon. Point is, there are people out there who will surprise bad guys when the time comes. Depending on the terrain. In Alabama, sure. In Oklahoma, probably not. There are variables.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Shotguns are for upclose and personal. They also put food on the table. They have there uses and are a preferred fire arm at times. If you do not like it, do not use it. Just a tool in the tool box. I like options. If you only have a hammer, everything had better be a nail.
    That's it exactly... it's situational, just a tool in the box. There are times (like out in the field with hundreds of yards of open space) when I would want a rifle. Line of sight limited to from a window/firing station to maybe out to the street, I'd put a 12 gauge in everyone's hands if I feared being overrun. Right tool, right job. And yes, nothing like a shotgun for putting food on the table... from grouse right on up to deer and elk.

Quote Originally Posted by okey View Post
    find some solid cover, have a buddy stick out an 8" cardboard circle on a long stick, for 1-1.5 seconds, and then pull it back to cover, while you try to hit it, at a mere 35 yds, with slugs. you wont be hitting it with buckshot and a riot barrel, other than a 1 in 5 fluke.
    Try it for 5 shots. Most people are smarter than you. They'll be using cover, or be head on prone towards you, while wearing soft armor and a Kevlar helmet, neither of which your shotgun can pierce.
    They may be smarter than I am, but if I am using a riot gun, I will walk right into close range, and I will be brazen about it. Once I am there, I will blow their head off, or they will kill me instead; but, there will he a firefight, and I will probably win it. Buckshot and slugs are famous for killing man or animal. You were presumptuous in writing this, and wrong headed.
    bigwheel and StratMaster like this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

are you assuming that a person would only have a shotgun

most preppers understand using a hammer for a nail....

every weapon has a purpose....

I would like to point out that the sound of a pump shotgun being racked in the dark will make most bad guys lose at least 2 pounds

and the sight of a barrel big enough to fit your thumb pointed at your from a couple of feet away is a top pucker factor rating
    inceptor, bigwheel and StratMaster like this.
    Be a Berean

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links