a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

This is a discussion on a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader. within the Shotguns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; What is the twit filter? I think I know but am curious if my assumption is correct. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: a shotgun is a sucker's choice of a shtf longarm, almost as bad as a muzzleloader.

What is the twit filter? I think I know but am curious if my assumption is correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bigwheel and Lunatic Wrench like this.

I do not know where you are, but, I hope you are nowhere near me!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ilmostrog View Post
    What is the twit filter? I think I know but am curious if my assumption is correct.

The ignore button. The option mods do not have. Damn. I hate my job.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yes. Wasn’t sure if he was banning or just ignoring. I didn’t think he is a Mod but wasn’t sure

Denton and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    I'm not sure where you got these assumptions: "They'll be using cover, or be head on prone towards you, while wearing soft armor and a Kevlar helmet, neither of which your shotgun can pierce."

1. Head on prone with soft armor offers no protection whatsoever to the wearer. There is no protection on the shoulders to speak of, . . . the throat and face are completely vulnerable, . . . as well as the hands and arms. That makes a target area of at least 16 inches wide, . . . 15 inches tall, . . . and all vulnerable.

2. A 12 gauge slug taking on a human being wearing a new or even next to new helmet, . . . will always be the winner. The slug's kinetic energy slamming against the helmet, . . . will slam the helmet into the wearer's head with a force that will crush the skull like a hammer doing in a robin's egg.

3. Soft armor standing up, chest forward, . . . will also lose to the 12 gauge, . . . which will bust ribs like they were uncooked spaghetti, . . . it will push the sternum almost in to where it kisses the backbone, . . . it will totally rupture the heart and / or aorta, . . . making for a death of extreme pain over several minutes.

Sorry, . . . computer commando, . . . you really don't know much, . . . period.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Dwight is sppot on.

First there are some really good buckshot loads from Federal that will put the whole 9 pellet load in a six inch circle at 25 yards - did it with standard riot guns from 6 departments 20 years ago.

Second sabot slugs will punch thru level III armor and I believe will give level IV a he77 of a run for it (we only had level II vests (used) and put two together (four panels) and the sabot slug sailed right thru all for like butter.

Third rifle sights on a slug barrel and the federal buck shot and your run on 5 targets at 25 yards are 5 certifiable kills.

All three were performed by line officers with department issued weapons and ammo - technology of almost 20 years ago

You really do not have a clue on what takes place in the real world do you
    Denton, bigwheel, inceptor and 2 others like this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

All I know about .12 gauge slugs is one shot into the trunk of a car dont have any trouble coming out the front grill. Very hard to miss a man sized target at 25 yards with a model 37 Ithica Deer Slayer or Rem 870. Makes a very messy crime scene when somebody takes one to the head.

<sigh>

Give it a rest already, you watch way to many apocalypse B movies.
    Denton, dwight55 and bigwheel like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Joined 3 days ago and has started 33 threads.
    Mereel Kestan and dwight55 like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    The ignore button. The option mods do not have. Damn. I hate my job.
    Well, I'm glad you're reading them.
    I try to do my job, but after the second sentence my eyes start to glaze over and I ………...just...………...can't...…………..go...………………. .on.
    Denton, dwight55, bigwheel and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Well, I'm glad you're reading them.
    I try to do my job, but after the second sentence my eyes start to glaze over and I ………...just...………...can't...…………..go...………………. .on.
    Remember the tic...tic...tic....

As they say; wait for it........
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links