Multi-purpose sites - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Multi-purpose sites

This is a discussion on Multi-purpose sites within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 The .357 and 44 Mag will work well on commie bastards also. No doubt....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Multi-purpose sites

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    The .357 and 44 Mag will work well on commie bastards also.
    No doubt.

A .45 carbine beats a sharp stick. You are somewhat limited with effective range and point of impact issues as your ballistic drop will be significant over 25 yards.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    .45 is for shooting communists lefties. .357 and .44 mag will do the job.
    so does a 22lr

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    First off, welcome! I might have missed your intro thread, so I wanted to extend the welcome here.

Second, that's not a bad carbine. If you know what it is, and what to expect from it, it will serve you well.
    One of those things I'm not sure you should expect from it is hunting deer.
    *Can* a .45 slug take a deer? Yes.
    Can it take a deer when being shot by someone who's "learning"? Not likely.
    Oh, the deer may die, but it will have run 1-200 yards away, crawled into a thicket, and will never be found.
    The .45ACP is a man-stopper, not a hunting round.
    Any low end, small caliber, rifle will out-perform a .45ACP in ballistics. .223, .243, .270... these are all going to take a deer much more effectively than a handgun round. Yeah, I know people hunt with handguns... but they're not "learning".
    As @Denton said, a good dedicated hunting rifle will serve you far better in this regard, and can be had on the cheap if you have a keen eye.

Third, a carbine's strength is its close range effectiveness. For all intents and purposes, it's a rifle length barrel on a handgun. That affords you much better close-quarters ballistics and aiming over just a handgun. I would not consider sighting a carbine in at anything over 50 yards. Yes it can make the shot, but we have to keep in mind what I mentioned earlier... know what it is, and what to expect from it, and it will serve you well. If you start to extend those expectations, you may lose effectiveness, and then lose confidence in the gun.

Just my opinions. Give them no more consideration than they deserve. Have fun with that gun, and keep practicing.
    Only aloud to use pistol caliber shells in Ohio for deer hunting (or shotgun slugs)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Nice looking optics. Did that cost more than the gun?
    Ha no! It was cheep online. Maybe a little over $130 if I recall.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ttrm007 View Post
    Only aloud to use pistol caliber shells in Ohio for deer hunting (or shotgun slugs)
    Well, as much as I might think your legislature's logic to be completely asinine, I must still profess that a sufficiently powerful caliber be used to take game. For nothing more than a quick and efficient kill, I don't believe a minimal handgun cartridge should be used by a new hunter when higher-powered options are available.
    Your laws allow for "straight-walled" rifle cartridges, and there's even a full list of allowed rounds here: http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/stay-inf...eer-gun-season
    The .45 Colt would be a ballistic improvement over the .45ACP simply due to more powder.
    The ACP is fine and dandy for self-defense. My only concern is the potential use in hunting.

Unless I'm mistaken, and Google is as well, I can't find any record of a ".45 Smith & Wesson" as mentioned in the list at that link... thus supporting my theory that your legislature, or wildlife department, is full of fools. They may have very well meant the .40 S&W round, but that page has been active for 3 years, and never corrected. :/
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I would avoid using 45ACP for deer hunting, for the humanity of it, muzzslimes and ANTIFA it's OK to use on, gut shoot them.

A carbine with a 16 or 18 inch barrel in 357 or 44 mag would be far more effective on deer.

Myself, I would use 30/30 Winchester as a preferred round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links