Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine.... - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine....

This is a discussion on Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine.... within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Old SF Guy Somebody help me out, last I heard High point stuff was cheap and at times unreliable...have they improved lately? ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine....

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Somebody help me out, last I heard High point stuff was cheap and at times unreliable...have they improved lately?
    Dont know about their pistols other than they are bulkly and very heavy, I can tell you the 995TS-FG eats what ever you feed it come hell or high water!
    diamondjim and RedLion like this.

I have rifle/pistol combos in matching calibers in a .22 Short Astra pistol and Remington auto gallery gun, and a .22 Short Model 39; many regular .22s with a rifle to go with them, like Ruger Mk IIs and Marlin Model 90s, or 10-22s, or a Rossi pump, with High Standard Sentinel, H&R Outdoorsman, or Bearcat. Of course, there is a lever action .22 to go with the single action .22s. There's a .32 H&R magnum Ruger Single Six, two Single Sevens in .327 Federal, and a Marlin 1894CB that chambers .327 (thank you RPP). Blackhawk and Rossi 92 in .357; Virginian Dragoon and M92 in .44 magnum. The Springfield 30-40 Krags go well with the M1917s in .45ACP, although a M1903 or an Enfield might be more appropriate. Of course, the M1911 and the Garand are a natural pair, as is a No.1 MkIII and a Webley, with a Browning Hipower on the horizon. All I need now is a Luger or a P38 to go with the Mauser K98s, and maybe a Star to go with the 7.65 Argentine cavalry carbine. Oh, and the Mini14/AR pistol combo, which is, frankly, a lot to lug around. Speaking of a lot to pak around, maybe I can get them to chamber a BFR for me in 38-55, to go with the Marlin, and I would begin to feel complete in my rifle/pistol combo quest.
    hardcore and RedLion like this.

Personally I do not. I get why some people do go that route to be perfectly honest its not a bad route to take. I'm not saying I woudn't ever get one but I don't have a huge need for pistol caliber carbines or while we're at it intermediate chambered carbines. They both kind of fill the same role as far as my personal uses go and I ended up going with a 5.56 for now and I may get a 7.62 later on. If I was to consider one it would be one chambered in a larger caliber such as .357 mag, .44 mag, .500 S&W, or 10mm
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I purchased a CZ scorpion Carbine ( 9mm ) some time back. Excellent choice. Fun to shoot and goes bang every time. I was thinking it was perfect for short range around the house and it was easy for the wife to handle. They are a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion. I also have a PLR16 rifle caliber pistol that works really well. I heard bad things about Kel-Tec but I haven't had any issues.

Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine....-cz-scorpion.jpg

Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine....-cz.jpg
    RedLion likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I have a keltec sub2k, 9mm non Glock. I really like it. I’ll be modifying it to take FNX9 mags soon. It replaced my PGO shotgun in philosophy of use, and because it folds up it’s a great choice for my situation and it fits in a normal backpack.
    Some ppl don’t trust keltec, that’s ok, the two I have though, have been 100% reliable.
    Prepared One likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I purchased a CZ scorpion Carbine ( 9mm ) some time back. Excellent choice. Fun to shoot and goes bang every time. I was thinking it was perfect for short range around the house and it was easy for the wife to handle. They are a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion. I also have a PLR16 rifle caliber pistol that works really well. I heard bad things about Kel-Tec but I haven't had any issues.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ Scorpion.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	862.1 KB 
ID:	61817

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	769.0 KB 
ID:	61825
    Awesome carbine. Personally, I have never heard anything, but great things about Kel-Tecs. I have my eye on 3 different ones.
    Prepared One likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Awesome carbine. Personally, I have never heard anything, but great things about Kel-Tecs. I have my eye on 3 different ones.
    Yea, I have heard it had reliability issues but I have never had anything but good out of this PLR. It will get your attention quick. Loud as hell.

Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine....-fullsizerender.jpg

Do you have a handgun Caliber Carbine....-cz-plr.jpg
    Last edited by Prepared One; 11-29-2017 at 05:10 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I do not own any hi-points, and they are inexpensive/cheap, but are effective and mostly reliable from everything that I have read or been told.
    I would not own a Hi-Point hand gun, but had an opportunity to acquire a nearly new Hi-Point 995 TS FG via a swap of a Kydex I holster made to order and some cash. I is well made and functions very well.

I chose 9mm as I reload 9mm and have a nice stock of this ammo. My wife is not a big gun fan, but she loves to shoot the Hi-Point, and does very well with this fun to shoot gun. She has a Bersa Thunder in .380 and has learned to handle this gun very well.
    RedLion and LunaticFringeInc like this.

I do not own any hi-points, and they are inexpensive/cheap, but are effective and mostly reliable from everything that I have read or been told.
    Have both handgun and carbine in .45. Neither has failed me. Really pretty amazing how well they shoot. A lot of fun for the bucks and I feel the pair that share ammo and mags are a nice combo for shtf and self defense.

I’m constantly challenging myself to find the cheapest ammo available and even that always works for me.

I also have two 10/22s one in takedown form. Also fun and functional. You can buy a lot of ammo for a little money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Denton and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrm007 View Post

I’m constantly challenging myself to find the cheapest ammo available and even that always works for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reload your own.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links