AR-15 Iron Sight suggestions - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

AR-15 Iron Sight suggestions

This is a discussion on AR-15 Iron Sight suggestions within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; The problem with flip ups like MAGPUL composite one are they sound not be mount to the gas block. They do not stand up to ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: AR-15 Iron Sight suggestions

The problem with flip ups like MAGPUL composite one are they sound not be mount to the gas block. They do not stand up to excessive heat over time. You need metal ones. If you have a rail on it then they are fine.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SDF880 View Post
    On my 300BLK I run a TRS-25 on top and offset iron sights on the side. Battery goes dead all I have to do is roll the pistol over about 30 degrees or so
    and I'm right back in action!

Attachment 80787
    I have DD iron sights on 45 degree off-set mounts on my AR.308 just in case.

My next purchase....Just in case you want to shorten your pistol 5 inches.

https://deadfootarms.com/ar15-pistol-kits/

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have ATN X-SIGHT II HD 3-14x day & night rifle scope. It is the greatest optic I've ever owned! Good performance, easy to use, and the Wi-Fi streaming is amazing. I bought mine from official website(link). Hope you`ll find it great too

Banned

I haven't seen it mentioned, but for me, it would be a removable carry handle. If it came off in the field you can find it. Spend the extra money and buy a decent one. The $30 ones are junk.
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The problem with flip ups like MAGPUL composite one are they sound not be mount to the gas block. They do not stand up to excessive heat over time. You need metal ones. If you have a rail on it then they are fine.
    Agreed. NEVER trust your life to plastic sights. A.R.M.S. are GREAT. Pricey, but VERY much worth it.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Agreed. NEVER trust your life to plastic sights. A.R.M.S. are GREAT. Pricey, but VERY much worth it.
    The syn materail ones are great when used as the should be. I have beat the carp out of them. We have even mounted the MAGPUL one on a gas block against the recommendations just to test them. It is still holding up. Now I am betting if you went out and did MAG dump after Dump it would likely suffer. A large number of us now have full rails on our AR's they do not get hot like the gas block does. And the MAGPUL ones on my gas piston ones are well away from the gas port. So it is not an issue.
    1skrewsloose likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

GG&G Flip Up A2 Rear sight ,YHM Bolt on A2 Flip Up FSB with Sling loop and Bayo lug .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links