ghost ring peep aint REALLY fast to use.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on ghost ring peep aint REALLY fast to use. within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; If you "think" that it is, TRY tossing up a couple of soda cans and hitting both of them in midair, with an autorifle that ...

Banned

If you "think" that it is, TRY tossing up a couple of soda cans and hitting both of them in midair, with an autorifle that is set up with ghost rings. What I did was use a Dremel and cutoff disk to slice a "v" slot into the top of the luminous "normal range" wing of my AR's peep sight. Then I used JB weld epoxy to form a set of "ears" for the open sight, and fill in the "hole" in the peep sight. With a very little bit of practice, using the .22lr conversion unit, mostly, I was able to get hits on both cans, using the 223 ammo. The rework of the sight took about an hour, and about an hour of practice got the hits achieved, about 3x out of 4 tries. Instead of aiming at the bottom of the falling can, as you would with a normal stock, the very high sightline of the AR forces you to aim at the top of the can. Once you know this, getting the hits, with such "open" sights, is fairly easy, if you are truly fast with a rifle.

this sight also made it easy to hold the rifle across my thighs, react to the beep of an electronic timer, shoulder the rifle and hit a 10" steel gong at 25 yds in less than 1.0 second. If you think that you are fast with a rifle, try THAT, dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by preop View Post
    If you "think" that it is, TRY tossing up a couple of soda cans and hitting both of them in midair, with an autorifle that is set up with ghost rings. What I did was use a Dremel and cutoff disk to slice a "v" slot into the top of the luminous "normal range" wing of my AR's peep sight. Then I used JB weld epoxy to form a set of "ears" for the open sight, and fill in the "hole" in the peep sight. With a very little bit of practice, using the .22lr conversion unit, mostly, I was able to get hits on both cans, using the 223 ammo. The rework of the sight took about an hour, and about an hour of practice got the hits achieved, about 3x out of 4 tries. Instead of aiming at the bottom of the falling can, as you would with a normal stock, the very high sightline of the AR forces you to aim at the top of the can. Once you know this, getting the hits, with such "open" sights, is fairly easy, if you are truly fast with a rifle.

this sight also made it easy to hold the rifle across my thighs, react to the beep of an electronic timer, shoulder the rifle and hit a 10" steel gong at 25 yds in less than 1.0 second. If you think that you are fast with a rifle, try THAT, dudes.

Tell ya what GunKid.............we can go through all this AGAIN and I'll make sure these folks know *exactly* who and more importantly ****WHAT**** you are.

And guess what there boy , there's one HELL of a lot of guides and folks living bush that have done it ***for real*** that will completely disagree with your statements within the above.

Now do you wish to start with the same sort of stuff you did over at American Preppers? Or a hundred other forums?

Sponsored Links