The 700 Club
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The 700 Club

This is a discussion on The 700 Club within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; No not that 700 club, this ones WAY more fun. I'm the proud owner of a new Remington Model 700. Haven't even fired it, but ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The 700 Club

The 700 Club

No not that 700 club, this ones WAY more fun. I'm the proud owner of a new Remington Model 700. Haven't even fired it, but I know what love at first sight feels like. This is my new baby.

What's your 700 story? More than one? Calibers? Modifications? Best group?
    StarPD45 and shotlady like this.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

I have a 270, 22-250 and 308 in model 700, they are my favorite bolt style rifle, I have a couple of ruger bolts in 22 mag and 223 they just don't feel right to me.

My best group with the 308 is 3 shots 7/8" O.D. at 172 yards. I kept the target in my plastic gun case. my 22-250 VSSF is increadably accurate, but nothing like the 308, I believe mostly because of wind drift. The 308 has the 22-250 beat for wind drift by a long way.

My favorite dear caliber is the sportster barrel 270, I love that rifle. Best shot I ever made was killing a flat out running coyote across a quarter section, I lead it by about ten feet and killed it dead. The hide hangs on my beam in my living room.
    shotlady likes this.

I am a 700 guy too. I have 1 in 308 bull barrel and have 2 the Rem 700 aac-sd in 308 also with 20 in bull barrel and 1/10 twist. One is my fiances she just doesn't know it yet.. I have the Remington 40x in 22-250 bull barrel(which is the 700 on steroids from the Rem custom shop). I have the opportunity to pick one up in 7mm RUM that I might jump on but not sure yet.. As you can see, I like the bull barrels..lol They are all .75 minute guns or better..
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We have had a few 700's around here for many years they are a fine weapon.
    Enjoy it
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Banned

Double D, what caliber?

I had a 700 in 22-250 and nearly purchased the 700 SPS Tactical. It was ALMOST pure impulse buy (I had researched it pretty heavily) but common sense got hold of me, before they got hold of my card. I reminded myself that I am in fact not a sniper nor would I be shooting long distance competitions and, it was too heavy to lug around for hunting. Therefore I had no REAL need for this rifle and ultimately passed. It's cool though and I certainly don't fault anyone for owning one.

My 22-250 shot 1/4" groups at 100 with home grown "roll your owns" off the bench and was topped with a Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42 non-illuminated scope. It was impressive for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbuc View Post
    Double D, what caliber?
    30-06. I like .308 but I'm partial to 30-06's heritage. Plus we already have an old Mauser action in a custom stock so it keeps our calibers from drifting too much. It's an SPS that has the factory Remington glass on it right now, but I'm looking at some Leupolds to replace that. A Harris bipod, half pound drop on the trigger and some color on the textured portions of the stock, and she'll be ready for some dollar a round target practice.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

any review on the 783? the affordable 700? I have a friend that went to bass pro today to get the Remington 783. howdoes this rifle stack up to the 700.

I have an ammo question. the 270 win... how much further does that go than the 55 grain 556/223? and how does it compare to the 308 as far as availability and price?

Double D, what caliber?

haha I thought you were talking to me. that's what the girls call me at the office lol
    bigdogbuc likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    any review on the 783? the affordable 700? I have a friend that went to bass pro today to get the Remington 783. howdoes this rifle stack up to the 700.

I have an ammo question. the 270 win... how much further does that go than the 55 grain 556/223? and how does it compare to the 308 as far as availability and price?
    Go to YouTube. Not a ton of stuff there yet on the 783 as it's relatively new, but it seems people really like it. Definitely more than the 770. As for the latter half of your question, I have no idea. I'm a 7.62x54r kinda guy! I don't anything about the .270; It was never a round that interested me.

And for the Double D...too funny. That's sexual harassment ya' know. I told a couple of the ladies at work the other day I didn't have to tolerate that kind of behavior from them. And if they didn't put out, I'd turn them in.
    Last edited by bigdogbuc; 12-08-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Go to YouTube. Not a ton of stuff there yet on the 783 as it's relatively new, but it seems people really like it. Definitely more than the 770. As for the latter half of your question, I have no idea. I'm a 7.62x54r kinda guy! I don't anything about the .270; It was never a round that interested me.

And for the Double D...too funny. That's sexual harassment ya' know. I told a couple of the ladies at work the other day I didn't have to tolerate that kind of behavior from them. And if they didn't put out, I'd turn them in.

So, did ya turn em in???
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links