How good are they...?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How good are they...?

This is a discussion on How good are they...? within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Just got back from Academy Outdoors and stumbled on what appears to be a good deal on AR-15 magazines. They are "Red Jacket" brand of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How good are they...?

How good are they...?

Just got back from Academy Outdoors and stumbled on what appears to be a good deal on AR-15 magazines. They are "Red Jacket" brand of magazines. They appear to be no frills milspec aluminum bodies, with green followers and hold 30 rounds. While they aint P-Mags, they are only 9.99 each on clearance sale and previously marked 17.99 each IIRC!!!

Are these decent enough quality wise I should go get some while the getting is good?
    Last edited by LunaticFringeInc; 10-29-2013 at 04:37 PM.

I dunno. Probably have to test them, but Red Jacket is a custom arms outfit out of Louisiana.

I can get MilSpec mags new in the bag with NSN slip, but they are 15 bucks. I might be able to get a loyal customer discount.
    "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas". Davey Crockett

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Never used them myself. I'm kind of stuck on Pmags and don't really want anything else. They just work so well and I've never had a failure with one that was magazine related. There tough too and there's no finish wear. I'm too used to having the molded grip now also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have heard Red Jacket makes nice firearms. They have a show on tv I have seen a few times. They have a deal with Academy Sports the last I heard.. Not sure about their mags though. Might be great stuff or some junk that they have their name on. I can't say..
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

Only one way to find out, purchase two, cycle the hell out of em, and check for any fails. I must add, I know nothing about AR's, Or pmags, only having handled one in my life.
    indie likes this.

I would say the chances of it being another brand and them stamping there logo on it is about 98%. Just trying to milk out every cent from the TV show they had, Honestly I can not blame them. Capitalism at it's best.

I got some from Palmetto delivered just yesterday at $82.50 for 10 including shipping costs ($2.60). $9.99 might be a deal in California but in free states I don't think its all that great?

Brownells had P-mags for 10 something in stock two days ago, plus shipping they were in the 12 range.

I can not imagine trying to save the two dollars.

The P-mags I have work flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    Never used them myself. I'm kind of stuck on Pmags and don't really want anything else. They just work so well and I've never had a failure with one that was magazine related. There tough too and there's no finish wear. I'm too used to having the molded grip now also.
    Until the shortage, all I bought was Pmags. Then you couldn't find them for under $50 ea. Someone recommended the Lancer sold at Spikes Tactical. I bought a couple of them to try and they worked great. And I got them in smoke so I can see what I've got loaded or how much I have used. Now I own 10.
    Fuzzee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    I got some from Palmetto delivered just yesterday at $82.50 for 10 including shipping costs ($2.60). $9.99 might be a deal in California but in free states I don't think its all that great?
    I found 10 C Products SS 30 rounders delivered for $59.90 sitting on my porch yesterday.

Free Shipping over $50 at PSA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links