308 Ruger American - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

308 Ruger American

This is a discussion on 308 Ruger American within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I waded through a bunch of links on the topic of .300 blackout. This seemed the most plausbile. .300 AAC Blackout... I Don't Get It ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 308 Ruger American

I waded through a bunch of links on the topic of .300 blackout. This seemed the most plausbile.
    .300 AAC Blackout... I Don't Get It - AllOutdoor.com
    Maol9 likes this.

Its a great gun, I know a lot of people piking the Ruger American over higher end savaged and Remington rilfes. And all the ones I have seen so far shoot moa or better once broken in. I have been looking at the predator version in .308 as I want a short barrel for hunting in areas where I don't have to shoot more then 200 yard save some weight...
    bigwheel likes this.
    Irish Diplomacy:
    The ability to tell a man to go to hell and have him looking forward to the trip.

I've got an American rifle .... nice buy for the money.
    bigwheel likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Its a great gun, I know a lot of people piking the Ruger American over higher end savaged and Remington rilfes. And all the ones I have seen so far shoot moa or better once broken in. I have been looking at the predator version in .308 as I want a short barrel for hunting in areas where I don't have to shoot more then 200 yard save some weight...
    The Savage while an ok weapon is not even close to the Ruger American in any way. It is a low cost good weapon with none of the features the Ruger has. That is why it has a lower cost attached to it. The Remington also, already own the 700 . No stranger to Savage I have followed them for many years. I compared the 3 line by line .
    In every case the Ruger won out, except cost. But that was easy to justify when you looked at what they offered.
    bigwheel and Maol9 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

None

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Ok..since yall continue to drive me nuts..how do a .300 blackout differ from a .30-30 I seem to have forgot. Thanks.
    Think of a .300 blk as a 30-30 in semi auto.

300 blk makes no sense what so ever to me in any form other than to load it subsonic and suppress it. Even that make little sense but at least some. People were bored what to mess around so they brought the old 300 whisper back to life.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    300 blk makes no sense what so ever to me in any form other than to load it subsonic and suppress it. Even that make little sense but at least some. People were bored what to mess around so they brought the old 300 whisper back to life.
    It makes sense to the SOF people that needed it.. Everyone else is just getting on the bandwagon as to how versatile it is..
    SBR, CQB, HD (loves suppressor)

About the max effective range of a 30-30 on deer is 200 maybe 250 most will not take the shot out side 150 yards. 308 500 yards is common and I have seen them taken here at 700 yards with a 308.

I had a Ruger American and thought it was a great value - the trigger really was nice for the price - like the accutrigger i hear but i have never shot a savage. Big fan of ruger though nice buy and nice price!
    Hidden Content Wouldn't it be nice.....

All the SOF units I was in and deployed with we never used the 300BO...like Top mentioned, it was an attempt to ressurect and monetize the 300 whisper - and get all the mallninja types to jump on board.

For close in work needing suppression we have the MP5 and UMP45...9mm and 45ACP suppressed subsonic are proven platforms, 300BO is a fun range toy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links