The One Firearm I missed
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The One Firearm I missed

This is a discussion on The One Firearm I missed within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; My collection of guns is fine, but like most gun enthusiast there is always that one. When this hole market rush hit I was in ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The One Firearm I missed

The One Firearm I missed

My collection of guns is fine, but like most gun enthusiast there is always that
    one. When this hole market rush hit I was in better shape then most. I'd gotten
    my ARs, my magazines, my ammo and had the SKS, the lever, the shotguns and
    handguns - I'd gladly match my armory up to any man/wife team. I shouldn't
    want for anything, but I can't get that "darn" new Colt out of my mind. If things
    ever go back to normal I and silver hits $40 again - I'll gladly dump 60 ounces
    for one these guys:
    Colt LE901-16S

Yeah, that is a really cool carbine.

Well if you have an SKS the 7.62 x 39 is easy to come by right now. So your good. Don't spend a bunch of un necessary money on that rifle.

But I will admit the thing is damn sexy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I want one too!

It is a High Quality well made weapon, maybe not a must have but a real high great to have.
    If you want a semi 308 with options how could you go wrong.
    Sks is ok if it is close by, but will never make the shots a 308 will
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Very nice!
    In a caliber I like...
    After getting the Colt LE6920, I need a bit of a break and recoup so to speak...
    I really like the looks of the colt but I couldn't part ways with the M1A...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AR-18...ref=ts&fref=ts

Seems odd with all the piston gun mainia that oen has been here all the time.
    The Sterling AR 180 by Eugene Stoner.
    He improved the M16 a long while ago and it has been a little quiet for a long time.
    There are some out there a handful in unfired condition.
    Question is to buy or sell and capitolize on the current market.
    I find the scattered brass and noise is just something to get heads down and draw attention though.
    Give me a good 30-06 and scope any day. Not that a Savage .308 HB Taticle is wanting by any means.
    Just FYI have you noticed the 06 and 30-30 ammo prices have not changed.
    Mel Tappan was no slouch in his style and diversity is many times a good thing.
    Hidden Content

Have a safe day and be ready in all ways.

Bull

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I don't know why but I have very little attachment to AR-15's of any kind. I've had several awesome piston AR's over the last decade too, not using DI's anymore and still only see them as an aluminum mouse killing tool. What I do miss is actually an inferior carbine in hitting power, accuracy, and capacity to an AR, but I still miss not having a Beretta CX4 having sold my 2nd a while back. I guess I better buy one again making it my 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    I don't know why but I have very little attachment to AR-15's of any kind. I've had several awesome piston AR's over the last decade too, not using DI's anymore and still only see them as an aluminum mouse killing tool. What I do miss is actually an inferior carbine in hitting power, accuracy, and capacity to an AR, but I still miss not having a Beretta CX4 having sold my 2nd a while back. I guess I better buy one again making it my 3rd.
    Having carried the AR platform for 27 years and using it in the real world I git rather attached to it.
    The neat part of the LE901 is how you can switch to a 5.56 .
    The LE901 will never shoot with my M24 but compare the cost. Also the M24 is a bolt action, if is used for suppression fire they better be a long way off.
    Let's face it we just have to many fine option out there.
    Just wish I could get a stripped upper receiver for a Adams Arms, but I m not holding my breath.
    Ripon likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm with Fuzzee I have no love for the AR but a .308 Win rifle would be an excellent addition. If the AR design is what floats your boat then that rifle should be an excellent rifle for your needs. In my case I'd go for the M1A over the Colt. The SKS is a great rifle but beyond about 200 yds or so isn't going to help you much, for shorter engagements the SKS will do fine but beyond 200 yds you'll want the added punch of the .308. For me, if I need a longer range rifle I'll go to a scoped bolt gun since they're generally a bit more accurate.

-Infidel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links