336W from Santa
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

336W from Santa

This is a discussion on 336W from Santa within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; So most of you probably saw that I was getting a Marlin for Christmas. Well Santa came through. Here it is. Only set Santa back ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sinkhole

Thread: 336W from Santa

336W from Santa

So most of you probably saw that I was getting a Marlin for Christmas. Well Santa came through. Here it is. Only set Santa back $299. An came with the 1.5-5 scope.
    336W from Santa-img_09411_zps672122e0.jpg336W from Santa-img_09421_zps706d91d7.jpg336W from Santa-img_09441_zps53099b6f.jpg336W from Santa-img_09471_zps3824368e.jpg
    survival and rice paddy daddy like this.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
    Th. Jefferson

HVU

Thats a beutiful rifle! How many rounds can the tube magazine hold?

Quote Originally Posted by HVU View Post
    Thats a beutiful rifle! How many rounds can the tube magazine hold?
    Thank you. It hold 6+1 of 30-30 Win. Should be a ton of fun.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
    Th. Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sweet rifle. Wish I didn't get rid of mine.

The Good Cop

Very nice, Sinkhole. You are going to enjoy that rifle.
    Every serious rifleman owes it to himself to get a lever action 30-30. I got my Marlin from a former co-worker that really liked his beer and consequently was often short of cash. I paid him $100 for a 336 Texan, that has a straight stock like a Winchester, that was made in 1978.
    It has honest wear, but it's in decent shape.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Nice rifle....

That's a good looking rifle right there. I love my recently acquired 336. Picked it up back in Oct. and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite rifles. If I were going to scope mine it would be with a similar scope I think, those low power variable scopes are perfect for the .30 WCF. I opted for a receiver peep on mine but that variable should work pretty well. Enjoy the rifle and you probably should thank Santa.

-Infidel

HVU

30-30 rifles are as good as impossible to gett here or they are way out of my priceclass.. id love to have one!

After getting home and taking some pics I decided to give her a good wipe down and cleaning. and even though it was a factory scope I think it was off before and the rail was on backwards. So I flipped it around and the eye relief is much better I just need to make a minor adjustment to where the scope sits in the rings now.
    Th. Jefferson

Sponsored Links