7.62X39 you might like this
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on 7.62X39 you might like this within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Firm Blends AR-15 and AK-47 Rifles to Create New Mk47 'Mutant'. I like that it takes standard AK47 mags while some maybe a issue most ...

Firm Blends AR-15 and AK-47 Rifles to Create New Mk47 'Mutant'.
    I like that it takes standard AK47 mags while some maybe a issue most should work. I already have a dozen drums that will fit it.
    I never liked the way the AK mags rotate in to lock but you learn to live with it.
    Lot of new stuff introduced this year. Some of it old ideas with a new twist . That don't make it wrong
    Seems this one will have other version also.

Firm Blends AR-15 and AK-47 Rifles to Create New Mk47 'Mutant' | Military.com
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I think if you where dead set on using using a 7.62x39 in a AR platform you would be much better going with something like the below.

RF 16" 7.62x39 SOCOM Specter Quad Rail Upper Assembly

That or just buy a AK

Quote Originally Posted by wesley762 View Post
    I think if you where dead set on using using a 7.62x39 in a AR platform you would be much better going with something like the below.

RF 16" 7.62x39 SOCOM Specter Quad Rail Upper Assembly

That or just buy a AK
    What brand of magazines will feed 7.62x39mm in an AR lower?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I like and own both rifles. I am a fan of classic wood AK variants and the AR is my primary gun because it's so versatile. For fun it's the AK for work and when things go bump in the night it's the AR. For more than 5.56/.223 in the AR it would be .300 AAC Blackout for me.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Watch the video the lower has been designed to take the AK mags it is a hybrid weapon the blending of both..
    I own a few AK47's they are what they are . This is a better use of the round over all. AK47's are not as prefect as the legend would have you believe.
    It maybe out of the price range of some, but the cost of the AK47 has also been going up to the point hey may no longer be such a deal.
    No one weapon is right for everyone. it is interesting to see what they do with them.

Another blast from the past reinvented
    Bearing ArmsNew Galil Ace Rifle - Bearing Arms
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    The below, really not much more than a AK or AR mag, the advantage is in about 10 seconds you can change the upper right back to a 5.56 and pop in any old AR mag and keep running. personal thought its just more flexible than a gun that does not know wither it wants to be a AR or a AK. Not trying to bash smitty at all just does not make alot of since to me.

AR-Stoner Mag AR-15 7.62x39mm 30-Round Anti Tilt Follower SS Black

I like it, I think Rock River made one first though. There is a gun shop in Anita, IA where I looked at the RR in person a couple months back.New from Rock River Arms: LAR-47 (AR-15 in 7.62x39 That Takes AK Mags) - The Truth About Guns

AR / AK both great platforms and both have draw backs. 38 years ago I had an AR but I sold it (had the fun switch) and now I've got a semi auto AK. Don't feel under gun now or then. IMO, it's all what you are comfortable with. Just practice and learn your weapon and you shouldn't have a problem with either.

this round is one of my fav's - here in Canuck land they are reasonably priced and its a great round for range, game, the whole gamut!

Interesting! I have both but want to keep them separate! I might be more interested if it was a piston system
    but sounds like their DI works fine even very dirty. Price seems too high as well heck I can pick up 3 cheap AKM's right now
    for the MSRP of the MK47. I did see 2 on gunbroker a little cheaper than MSRP.

Sponsored Links