Lever Action Rifle
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lever Action Rifle

This is a discussion on Lever Action Rifle within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I am looking at getting a lever action rifle, always wanted one ever since the first John Wayne movie I watched. I've been looking at ...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Lever Action Rifle

Lever Action Rifle

I am looking at getting a lever action rifle, always wanted one ever since the first John Wayne movie I watched. I've been looking at Budsgunshop.com and found one in the 180 day layaway section. The only problem is I have never heard of the brand Rossi Riogrande, has anyone heard/had any experience with these? If so is it a good buy or should I stay away from this, all of the reviews on buds give it 4 stars or better but not many reviews. Here is a link to the actual gun on buds: Rossi RIOGRANDE 30-30 Blue 20 $349.00 SHIPS FREE

Without checking on it, I believe I remember that Rossi firearms are manufactured in Brazil. I believe that they have a fairly good reputation. I own one in a .22 magnum pump action. I haven't shot it in years since I got a Henry lever action in the same caliber, but I never had any problems with it when I did use it.
    rice paddy daddy and bigwheel like this.

Rossi is good stuff,they even make lever rifles in revolver calibers too. 38/357,45colt and 44 mag.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Previously, Rossi firearms were distributed by Interarms of Alexandria, Virginia.*Rossi manufactures its classic rifles in a plant in San Leopoldo, Brazil and will continue operations there, selling many firearms outside the United States and North America.

At the same time, Forjas Taurus, S.A. purchased the rights and the equipment to manufacture Rossi handguns.* Taurus manufactures three models of .38 Special revolvers and four models of .357 Magnum revolvers under contract with Rossi.* Revolvers sold by BrazTech with the Rossi name are manufactured in a brand new facility owned by Taurus in SaoLeopoldo, Brazil.* Much of the tooling and many of the machines were acquired from Rossi during negotiations between the companies.

Today's Rossi is still run by the same family and they put the same dedication and innovation into every firearm.* At Rossi, it is more than just building guns...it is a family's history and tradition.

Marlin Donates 30,000,000th Lever Action Rifle to NRA–ILA

Madison, NC –The first Marlin lever action rifle was produced in 1881. Now, more than a century later, Marlin lever action rifles have stood the test of time and continue to occupy a prominent position within the landscape of American firearms. Generations of hunters and shooters have depended on the Marlin lever action rifle for its legendary accuracy and rugged dependability. To celebrate this great American legacy, Marlin has donated its thirty millionth lever action rifle to the NRA–ILA for auction at the 2008 NRA Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky. Marlin has chosen to produce a very unique Model 1895CB to signify its 30,000,000th lever action rifle.
    Last edited by alterego; 01-03-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Although the Model 1892 made its debut after the closing of the American frontier, and the true "Guns that Won the West" were the earlier Models*1866*and*1873, nonetheless the '92 became an indelible icon of Western mythology through its use in hundreds of motion pictures and television shows, standing in for its older siblings.*John Wayne*famously carried Model 92s in dozens of films and owned several personally, some with the distinctive oversized "loop" lever.
    bigwheel likes this.

Model 1892

*Model 1892 Large Loop Carbine

*Model 1892 Short

Not many firearm models today can boast of having had over one million produced. The Winchester Model 1892, very similar in construction to the Winchester Model 1886, is one of these famous lever-action rifles.

It is much like a compact or carbine model of the famous 1886 and has the same dual, vertical locking system for impressive strength. Many of its components have been scaled down and simplified to handle the smaller calibers, and here is where this nostalgic rifle shines.

It is famous for its light weight, low recoil and responsive, easy handling. It displays a genius of design that makes it a modern-day treasure. The Winchester Model 1892 features a beautifully finished walnut stock, blued barrel and receiver, finely fit with precision and pride.

From year to year Winchester Repeating Arms introduces new models and versions of the Model 1892. Your dealer may have both the current model of the year and other previous year models in his or her inventory. An internet search is a key tool when locating these special rifles which are commonly made in very limited manufacturing runs.
    Hemi45 likes this.

Rossi is made in Brazil like mentioned before me. I've heard good, I heard bad.
    Like Taurus, designs are OK, Metallurgy not as good as American made, quality control is iffy.
    I want one in 357-Mag B-A-A-A-D! But, only American Made. Waiting for some hope and CHANGE!
    AquaHull and bigwheel like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Dog View Post
    Rossi is made in Brazil like mentioned before me. I've heard good, I heard bad.
    Like Taurus, designs are OK, Metallurgy not as good as American made, quality control is iffy.
    I want one in 357-Mag B-A-A-A-D! But, only American Made. Waiting for some hope and CHANGE!
    Buy a Henry big boy. They come in 357 MAG. I picked one up when I returned from Afghanistan in September. American made great quality with an awesome reputation.
    Slippy, bigwheel, Seneca and 1 others like this.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

Marlin and Henry both make fantastic lever guns. Personally I would go that route. But I have not heard anything bad about rossi. Maybe they make a great rifle. If you go with it post a review so we can hear about it first hand.
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links