7.62x39
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

7.62x39

This is a discussion on 7.62x39 within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Alot of people have been stockpiling 7.62x39 ammunition and prefer lacquer coated rather than polymer. I have an air conditioned home and keep everything in ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 7.62x39

7.62x39

Alot of people have been stockpiling 7.62x39 ammunition and prefer lacquer coated rather than polymer. I have an air conditioned home and keep everything in a climate controlled room so it all keeps well for me. I went to Academy Sports yesterday to replace a hundred rounds I burned at the range and was surprised to find that their Monarch store brand ammo is lacquer coated from the Ulynovsk factory.

On a side note: When I asked the department Manager at Academy what the price was per box (it wasn't marked on the box or the shelf) he very rudely said: "There's a price scanner right over there, makes it really easy buddy!" So I had him ring up all they had on the shelf then had him void all but 4 boxes. First of all, I was very polite, secondly, I am not your "buddy" and finally, if you are a butthole I will treat you as such.
    Denton, MisterX, Infidel and 7 others like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

People been stock piling and burning up 7.62X39 in the US sense pre Brady bill. I have been getting a lot of brass case the last two years good stuff.
    The steel stuff works fine and contrary to what some dream up will not harm you weapons.
    The jerks they hire in stores can be real jerks some times.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Wow! What a jerk!

Him, not you.

You can tell when Denton has been at such a store. Kohls, for example. I will walk to a scanner, scan an item. And then leave it on the floor next to the silly scanner. I will even scan items I have no intention of buying.

Feel free to use my tactic. Just tell them Denton sent you.
    csi-tech and sargedog like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

I have an amount that I prefer to not keep in the house in case of fire. I asked local firefighters what their SOP was for ammo cooking off in a structure fire. They replied that if it sounded like more than a box or two they would back off and let it burn. I did not bother my insurance agent to see if he would pay off in that case.

I keep mine (22 different calibers and gauges) out in one of my barns in GI ammo cans, and a non-working refrigerator that serves as a large ammo can.
    Camel923 and Slippy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I have an amount that I prefer to not keep in the house in case of fire. I asked local firefighters what their SOP was for ammo cooking off in a structure fire. They replied that if it sounded like more than a box or two they would back off and let it burn. I did not bother my insurance agent to see if he would pay off in that case.

I keep mine (22 different calibers and gauges) out in one of my barns in GI ammo cans, and a non-working refrigerator that serves as a large ammo can.
    If we have a fire, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Denton, Slippy, Tennessee and 1 others like this.

Yeah. I've had my share of poor service like anyone else. Bring it to the attention of the department manager or even the store manager. If they get enough complaints and it affects sales, changes will be made. If bad enough and I do not get satisfaction locally, I go to regional or corporate management and complain. I do inform each level I am going over their head. Sometimes you get generous gift cards or large charges that disappear as long as you keep a civil tongue in your head and have good reason to be compensated.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Ammo and house fire one of many that counter the myth

How Ammunition Reacts in a Fire ? SAAMI Video Report « Daily Bulletin

Extreme amounts of ammo was harmed in the filming of this
    Last edited by Smitty901; 12-07-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Cool! Evidently alot of the energy in the ignition expands the case as they are not supported by the breech.

Senior Member R.I.P.

Walmart has the scanners all over the store for customers to do price checks. I find it takes less time to check it myself.

I had the unfortunate experience of selling cars for a Toyota dealer a long time back when no other job would pay the bills. The dealers GM worked with me really well to help this Asian couple who grinder and grinded on price for 3.5 hrs only to walk out on us. You can't win the all. That was on Fri. On Saturday they drove by in a new Honda and proceeded to give me the finger. The GM saw it.

The next week the GM calls me in. He tells me he knew the Asian couple and visited their local grocery store that they owned Sunday. He said he filled his cart to the brim, waited while a girl rang him up, $710 she says and he pulls out 4 $100 bills and says I'll give you $400. She was perplexed and called her manager...the same guy. He gets mad at the GM and says $710 so the GM said he turned and walked out.
    Camel923, Slippy, Denton and 4 others like this.
    This place has become more disturbing then SHTF.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links