On a side note.. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

On a side note..

This is a discussion on On a side note.. within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; As an avid watcher of the Military Channel..the Ruskies kicked some German buttkowski in the siege of Leningrad cause they mixed gasoline with the oil ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: On a side note..

As an avid watcher of the Military Channel..the Ruskies kicked some German buttkowski in the siege of Leningrad cause they mixed gasoline with the oil in freezing weather while the Germans stuck with what the rule book said which was straight oil. They also had faulty reasoning on latrines. That helped a bunch too. Monty knew how to do good sanitation. Put some gas with the Mobil one. Cover the feces with dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    Mobile 1 synthetic? Man that arguement in the Harley Davidson forums is right up there with succession from the union as far as taking sides!
    Says right in the manual to use a diesel rated if you don't have official "Harley" oil. Mobil 1 isn't diesel rated so you shouldn't use it in the bikes. What's the problem??

IMO the only oil to use is Rotella Synthetic, blue jug. Run that oil in everything from lawn mower, bikes, cars and diesel trucks. If it's designed to be used in a 20-1 compression diesel engine it's overkill for everything else. Once you use it to start a cold diesel truck with high pressure oil injectors you will change your tune. Synthetics are the way to go, based on 35 years as a motor head.
    A J likes this.

A J

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Says right in the manual to use a diesel rated if you don't have official "Harley" oil. Mobil 1 isn't diesel rated so you shouldn't use it in the bikes. What's the problem??

IMO the only oil to use is Rotella Synthetic, blue jug. Run that oil in everything from lawn mower, bikes, cars and diesel trucks. If it's designed to be used in a 20-1 compression diesel engine it's overkill for everything else. Once you use it to start a cold diesel truck with high pressure oil injectors you will change your tune. Synthetics are the way to go, based on 35 years as a motor head.
    I guarantee that my '02 Powerstroke starts a hell of a lot better with the Rotella Synthetic! That's what it gets from Nov-April

AJ
    "Be careful what you post on the net, website owners will undo your edits and restore deleted things to serve THEIR needs and ignore those of you and your family"

"Even after they've banned all your friends, that helped create and moderate their website"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Will give it a try, thanks
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I've been lubing with Mobile-1 for a few years now.

Also, I clean with non-chlorinated brake cleaner. Does a great job quick and clears out ALL the old oil/grease and gunk. Have to make sure you lube it well afterwards though, cause it's dry as a bone. Didn't hurt the polymer frames of a Sigma SW40VE or HK USP. Haven't tried it on a straight blued finish though. Remove the grips/panels before using it.

DO NOT use any cleaner with chlorine in it! It will eat your plastic frames and parts while you watch and your stainless steel (a little slower).

I saved all my old RemOil to lube my wind-up mantle clock once in a while.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Any oil will work. They however do not do what CLP does. CLP will keep cleaning after you put the weapon away. It also cures over time and provides a great protective coating. That still lubes but does not gun up the weapon.
    I do use SYN in my motorcycles

WD 40 and Hoppes for cleaning
    CLP for lube
    and good ol' Harley oil for my bikes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links