The ULTIMATE Fighting Rifle - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The ULTIMATE Fighting Rifle

This is a discussion on The ULTIMATE Fighting Rifle within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; @ Smitty901 , what is the price of that sight?...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: The ULTIMATE Fighting Rifle

@Smitty901 , what is the price of that sight?

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Standard course of fire for the US Army, 1968.
    But no leather M1907 sling, just a plain old cotton web sling.

My eyes are not 19 any more, at 72 I doubt if I could even see a man at 500 meters anymore.
    My eyes are just bad up close, started to have to carry reading glasses with me.

Far away i'm fine, can see the flag on a tipup pop up across a small lake.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    @Smitty901 , what is the price of that sight?
    Witch one. AIMPOINT pro runs about $425 to $445 The COM version come with battery in different positions, much long battery life, use a AA. More adjustments ect $800 range depending on the one you want. Well worth it if an Outstanding reddot that is almost indestructible is needed or desired. I have two of the AIMpoint Pro ones had one 5 years one almost 4 years now.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    There are major differences in the higher end reddots than the average ones sold to most. The lower cost ones are good and serve a market. But there is a huge difference when you compare them to an Aimpoint pro or Aimpoint COMPM3 and 4.
    8 to 10 year battery life. 500 000 hours of use on NVD settings
    https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-compm4s/
    I have 2 PRO's that I got both for $457 shipped from Hi Standard, 1 is on my BCM Mid, the other is in the QD mount awaiting a donor rifle, and an ACO on my PSA AR9, and a Comp ML3 on my Colt.

Primary Arms Micro Red Dot on my AO Kahrbine, a Vortex SPARC on my GP100 .357.

If SHTF , I'd probably just grab my A1 / A2 transition Colt. That thing hits what ya aim at.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    If SHTF , I'd probably just grab my A1 / A2 transition Colt. That thing hits what ya aim at.
    I have never been a soldier, but lots of my friends in college were in the process of coming back. They were always professing that "being quiet" was the best option. If you asked one of these guys what was the best way to eliminate your enemy, the guy might offer, "Get a soft pair of moccasins a sharp paring knife..."

Overall, these guys were trying to teach me what I needed for my personal safety. For example, you cannot string thin wire across your yard unless you want to strangle your lawnmower guy.

First thing I did was to install "area alarms." If a window is shattered by a burglar, my electronic system tells me what area, in any room, upstairs or down. We made it very loud, as our local police said that any noise--especially a very loud alarm--will change their minds about facing a 1911 while they were just in bare feet.

Here's something you should know. Our local police told us that the way a burglar enters a house is endemic to his usual behavior. If one guy wears moccasins and his partner wears tennis shoes, our cops will just drive over to their house and arrest them.

Even in the 1950s when my dad and I would watch police shows, my dad, a mechanical engineer for Master Lock, would always remark on how stupid crooks could be. And if the crook in the movie stopped to buy a pack of brand new shoelaces, my dad would tell us how the movie ended.

Crooks are indeed stupid. They believe that 21 feet and a sharp knife will never hurt them. Let's keeping teaching these buffoons this "commonly believed" movie idea will always work to their advantage.
    BamaDOC likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    You folks know this video is a joke, right?
    Satire to show the lunacy that some people will go to when given too many options.

You know that.... right?

Please tell me you do.
    I cannot tell you I do . . . because I don't. I only watched enough of it to be certain that this guy was pulling our collective legs . . . or is a stone cold dufus.

I made my M1A and M60 remarks for those who didn't understand the dude is or could be just plain bonkers.

There actually are folks out there that subscribe to his video's line of thinking . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

That thing makes me think of an ASSAULT slingshot I saw one time.

Everyone likes to brag up the AR as the ultimate ticket for battling combatants on two legs. Sure it's pretty nifty having a set up a five year old can shoot comfortably, magazines standard loaded with 30 of them screaming little bullets. But those who say shot placement is everything, you know the 9mm guys, ain't never seen what a 30.06 will do to a fella's g.i track.

For me my go to for some of you is no surprise; FNH Scar 17, more than likely the finest rifle to ever grace this green rock. I've topped it with a Trijicon ACOG and red dot combo, complimented by offset irons and garnished by a PEQ 15. With 51 rounds backing any of my decisions in full, I'd be hard pressed to beat it.

But as many agree with any set up no matter the monetary value require a shooter of equal or greater value.
    BamaDOC and NewRiverGeorge like this.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    If his tacta-cool stuff fails. He can't hit shit. No Opens.

Think about that......and bat powered scopes.

Know how to shoot with opens or peeps?

Peeps sort of suck, low light.

Ever been in Woods low light/dark bow?
    Every night since bow opener.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

This is what you want to stick on your weapon. According to both my sons it makes average gunners really good ones. And with each update it gets better

The AN/PAS-13(V)1 Light Weapon Thermal Sight (LWTS) is meant for the M16 and M4 series of rifles and carbines, as well as the AT4/M136 Light Anti-Armor Weapon.

It weighs 1.8 lbs.

There are two other versions of it meant for heavier weapons. .

The ULTIMATE Fighting Rifle-pas-13-lwts-1024x695.jpg
    Last edited by Smitty901; 10-18-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links