Supply of firearms and ammo
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Supply of firearms and ammo within the Rifles, SKS, AR, AK, Long Guns forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; The current market either due to BLM the virus or both is now having an effect here. We still had a good supply of Rifles ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Supply of firearms and ammo

The current market either due to BLM the virus or both is now having an effect here. We still had a good supply of Rifles , handguns and ammo locally until about two weeks ago. Fleet farm a great source has quietly let it be known they would not advertise AR type parts and weapons any more.
    While a place that was always well stocked and a good verity they inventory has dropped. Common ammo is now limited supply and only small boxes. Shelf is empty on much of it. Rifles are down to bolt action stuff left and shot guns are basic pumps. Hand guns limited to a few real high end stuff and a hit or miss on any give day on the normal range of guns .
    Part of this may well be production and supply issue as with other things like pool parts and things you are seeing drop in numbers at the home supply type store.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm going to the first gun show in the region that seems to be still going to happen this weekend. No shows here since January due to *cough cough*. But so far, this one looks like it's a go as I got a postcard from the promoter trying to sell tables. Will be interesting to see how many vendors there are, what they have, what the prices are and how many people are there.
    bigwheel, 0rocky and 65mustang like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Stock up on powder, primers, and bullets. They will be the next to go.
    bigwheel and Kauboy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Another new batch of previously non-gun folks waking up to the fact that they're actually worth having around. Good for the manufacturers and dealers!

I don't know a single seasoned shooter this is affecting. Having learned hard lessons after Sandy Hook, we've had our s**t squared away for years now.

Glad I have an ample supply of both arms and munitions. The only things I feel lacking on are 8 mm Mauser and 12 gauge. I am comfortable with other pistol and rifle calibers As well as quantity and quality of arms. But I am still a rookie compared to @SOCOM42
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Glad I have an ample supply of both arms and munitions. The only things I feel lacking on are 8 mm Mauser and 12 gauge. I am comfortable with other pistol and rifle calibers As well as quantity and quality of arms. But I am still a rookie compared to @SOCOM42
    Lucky Gunner had 8MM Mauser when I looked a week ago, but only bulk and I can’t afford more than a box of two at any given time.
    www.luckygunner.com
    Denton, bigwheel and SOCOM42 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Stuff has been flying off the shelves around here for couple months. China flu started everyone down the prepper road and panic buying. Then the riots and looting sealed the deal. EVERYONE wanted a gun/ammo and wiped things out.

Been watching the wholesalers and they are cleaned out. Also noticed local dealers raising prices over MSRP and the lines are backed up, people don't care.

Hopefully everybody took the advice many members gave months ago. To take advantage of the great supply and low prices then, cause your SOL now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Stuff has been flying off the shelves around here for couple months. China flu started everyone down the prepper road and panic buying. Then the riots and looting sealed the deal. EVERYONE wanted a gun/ammo and wiped things out.

Been watching the wholesalers and they are cleaned out. Also noticed local dealers raising prices over MSRP and the lines are backed up, people don't care.

Hopefully everybody took the advice many members gave months ago. To take advantage of the great supply and low prices then, cause your SOL now.
    Was not able to get a gun... since my wife is a pacifist... and threatened to leave me if I bought a 12 gauge...
    in the meantime.. you cant find anything but the very cheap crap.. .and the very $$$$$ stuff from the local shops..
    ammo has flown off the shelf... and everyone is nervous...

my favorite part about this panic..
    is looking at people who were poo poohing everything months ago, and talking about nutjobs and crazy preppers...

how quickly people forget when the times are good...
    at least until you're desperate socking it out with some equally desperate person in Costco over toilet paper.

just hope all you fellow brothers and sisters are keeping your heads down, eyes open, mouths shut, and bums clean... with all the tp we procured!!!

be safe fellow nutjobs!!!
    Lisa93, Denton, Joe and 2 others like this.

I'm presuming that everyone on this forum who wants to be gun owners is largely unaffected by this. I learned my lesson years ago. It is probably the best item I have stockpiled over the years.
    Smitty901, Joe, bigwheel and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    I'm presuming that everyone on this forum who wants to be gun owners is largely unaffected by this. I learned my lesson years ago. It is probably the best item I have stockpiled over the years.
    Many of us are well supplied. However you never seem to be done purchasing firearms. It may slow it may change direction. It never really ends.
    Joe, bigwheel and jeffh like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links